• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing ABS

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Been searching like crazy cant seem to find the answer, anyone have any write ups on removing the abs system and upgrading to 95 or other booster to include what proportioning valve they used? 92 XJ

thanx

I've done this on my 94. You need the master cyl and booster from a 96 and the spacer behind the booster. Also grab the proportion valve and it's line and fittings from a non abs xj. If the only 95_96 you find is a abs model them search other xj's for a non abs model. You need a fitting out of the valve. The abs models have a blank fitting and the non abs models have a threaded fitting. Reason why is the abs models use the abs pump the split the front line into two lines. The non abs models use the valve.
Go to a junkyard and grab the positioning valve and all of its lines and the spacer.
You are going the have to remake or modify your existing lines. The reason for grabbing the new valve is because the lines on the master are metric. The lines out of the valve are standard. Easier to make.
Feel free to ask any questions

the 95-96 system is bolt in minus lines. same brake switch and mounting flange. just grab the spacer. or it changes brake pedal height.

Back