• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Clutch Pedal and Sled Assembly

KillerZJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 42RE auto in my ZJ and its slipping alot and don't want to polish that turd. I am set 100% on an AX-15 swap. Don't tell me how hard this will be, and what kind of crap I am getting into, because I have heard it all.
I have found someone who will do the swap, and I need to provide the parts.

To get to the point, I need to know if an XJ clutch pedal and sled assembly will work for my ZJ. Will it? Oh, and how long is the AX-15 compared to the 42RE? Thanks alot XJ'ers. (Oh, the sled assembly consists of: the upside down U-shaped support for the steering column, the brake pedal, the clutch pedal, and the IP support) Thanks alot guys!

Last edited:
Yes and it is do able, I have in fact had my eyball on TWO ORIGINAL, FACTORY EQUIPPED ZJ's that came with AX-15's and its was listed on the window sticker. So the parts needed should be listed in the Jeep parts list at the dealer.

Yea, but they even discontinued the skid plates that you used to could buy from the for $30. Do you think they still have the pedal/sled assembly? I will call them sometime, but the stealership is expensive.

KillerZJ said:
Yea, but they even discontinued the skid plates that you used to could buy from the for $30. Do you think they still have the pedal/sled assembly? I will call them sometime, but the stealership is expensive.
If you are interested I am parting out a 92xj I put its auto in my 91 with the standard so I need to get rid of a trans pedals master cyl all of that stuff and if you want I will remove the pedal brackets from the xj

I'll take it all, even the master cyl. Can I get the sled assembly, too? Thanks alot man. I will PM you later no time now.

Last edited:
Back