• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HUSKY vs. X-TREME CATCH ALL

Drewman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at getting some rubberized liners for the carpet in the XJ. I've come across two major brands, Husky Floorliners & Xtreme Catch All.

Which one does a better job?

If you don't have a bias one way or the other why do you like the ones you do have?

Up front, No, pulling up the carpet and rubberizing the floor pan is not a option.

Thanks.:)

Husky's.

I've had husky liners in 4 vehicles, including my XJ. Floor mats and cargo liner. I have small kids who thrash my vehicles and the husky's are nearly bullet proof. They're strong, nice looking, pliable, and I can't wear them out - even on driver's side where my heel digs in from the gas pedal. The only negative (my wife's opinion, not mine) is that they look a little industrial with the diamond stamp pattern. I think it looks awesome. I've had the tan, black, and the grey (XJ) and they match interiors well. The grey and tan get scuffed easily because the colors are light. I deliberately put a black cargo liner in my XJ grey interior so it didn't look too scuffed up with abuse. Sorry to sound like such an advertisement, but I really like them.

HUSKY

I have em. they're great.

look good, work well, easy to clean, and tough

ive got em in black...and i think the diamond plate looks awesome

Husky

I also have to go Husky-

I had a set in two Explorers. They hold about a gallon of melted snow or at least an extra large Taco Bell drink. I wish I could find a set to fit my MJ!

PRLJEEP

i've got to vote the other way...catchalls. they are a bit "spiffier" than huskys (in my opinion) and they do a great job at grabbing the garbage and cover everything.

I got the xtremes as well and really like them. By pictures, I think the huskys my fit the front pass floor a bit better, but not enough to bother anyone. I didnt like the shiny plastic diamond plate, the matte pebble finish is much nicer (IMHO)

i've got the husky. it the winter they hold about an average of an inch of salt water from settling into my carpet and rusting my floorboards. I love them.

i'm about to purchase some liners to get ready for the upcoming winter (i work at a ski resort). do you guys have some pics that we could use to compare the two? other than the manufacturer/seller pics from the internet. thanks.

husky1.JPG

husky2.JPG

husky3.JPG

Thanks for all the opinions,
I think I will be going with the Huskys,
and best of all, my in-laws are buying them for my wife and I for Christmas.

Something to keep in mind. They not only keep much of the moisture and dirt out of the carpet/padding, they keep what ever does get under there, from evaporating. Cancerious looking spots seem to form faster under, rubber. Have to take the carpets up (at least a corner) once in a while, for a look see.
In the winter, when evaporation is minimal. I periodically lay an open newspaper under the rubberized matts, to suck up as much moisture as possible. No matter what I do, the first hot days of spring, make whatever moisture is trapped under the rubber, to start smelling like sour owl excretment.

Back