• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PRP seats

Man, that does suck! Let us know how PRP handles it.
I have to send the seats back and they're going to fix them. The slice in the top of one and the stitching on the other looks like it was done either on a Monday morning, or a Friday afternoon. So they're taking care of them. Not super thrilled about having to send them back and having to wait to get them back.. But at least they're taking care of it. And letting me run them this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That does suck! But since youre gonna have them in, I'll get to take a look at them. Not crazy about the Corbeau seat I got mainly, but may be due to the Jerry rigged seat bracket I adapted.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I have to send the seats back and they're going to fix them. The slice in the top of one and the stitching on the other looks like it was done either on a Monday morning, or a Friday afternoon. So they're taking care of them. Not super thrilled about having to send them back and having to wait to get them back.. But at least they're taking care of it. And letting me run them this weekend.

That is nice that they will let you run them and then send them back.

Get us some install pics, and I would also appreciate the difference in clearance between your head and the roof. How much do you gain/lose compared to the stock seats?

That does suck! But since youre gonna have them in, I'll get to take a look at them. Not crazy about the Corbeau seat I got mainly, but may be due to the Jerry rigged seat bracket I adapted.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Absolutely. We'll be campin next to Outkast (Matt Patterson) so come check them out whenever.

Get us some install pics, and I would also appreciate the difference in clearance between your head and the roof. How much do you gain/lose compared to the stock seats?
I put one in on untouched factory brackets. And it was brutal.. My head was touching the headliner pretty good and the seats were leaned back too far for me. Which resulted in the back of the seat was hitting the harness bar, and had to move the seat all the way forward to fit.. And I'm not a little guy so that was going to work.. I decided that i was going to cut the front of the factory brackets and lower the front of the seat which would give me more room all the way around. And then i decided to cut out the straight harness bar that came with the cage kit and have a bent harness bar made to gain more room behind the seats for harnesses and more leg room. Ultimately i should've had the seats before i did the cage. My b pillars are too far in and barely hit the outside of the seats so i believe after winterfest, the b pillars are going to get chopped and moved. But the way I have then setup now, will work good. Here's a few pics of when i first put one in. And then a couple pics of the new harness bar installed yesterday
a795b529d79592c698507636fca45e89.jpg
00bc4eeb42e328a5140c284636ef8911.jpg
89a4f204db1d533ebc7bc35346d0f3a7.jpg
b97f2ac0374e7d79d0b35f8a7cace7c3.jpg
4912472b6f7ccd381f56f13e94b1f2f0.jpg

Come out to PSR in March / April and you can see for yourself!

David Bricker / SYR

Got around to installing them. Had to make new brackets. Super happy with them. Not as plush as the factory seats but way better support. They are very comfortable, warm in the cold weather, about the same size (rear passengers wont be smashed) and the factory seat belt seems to work well. They are about 1" shorter which is nice. So far they are a bit difficult to get in and out of, I am 165lbs at 5' 11". I am sure I will get used to it. The upper part is wider so not much room between the seats. Build quality is extremely nice compared to the price (I think they could charge more).

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

When you say they are about 1" shorter do you mean 1" more space between your own noggin and the roof or that the back measures 1" less in height?

IOW, is it your own rear end that sits lower, or the headrest that sits lower?

I also got around to installing mine. IMO they sat an inch higher than stock seats. And using PRP brackets on stock mounts, the seats sat leaned back too far for me. So i chopped the front of the brackets and lowered them about an inch and a half. They are much more comfortable than stock. But are a pain in the ass to get in and out of. I figured thats just because I'm not a little guy.. 6'0" 280lbs
49acb30cf3282c8e6f1c361abf7f88dc.jpg

When you say they are about 1" shorter do you mean 1" more space between your own noggin and the roof or that the back measures 1" less in height?

IOW, is it your own rear end that sits lower, or the headrest that sits lower?
The seat height is about the same (headrest height vs stock headrest height). The whole seat is 1" lower. I built the brackets that way on purpose though as I wanted to be a bit lower, that's the one thing I hate about the XJ, the seating geometry is was to high. So yes, I gained 1" additional space between my head and the roof.

Thank you.

That suggests I can pull this off one way or another. If not with PRP's brackets then with brackets of my own fabrication.

Thank you.

That suggests I can pull this off one way or another. If not with PRP's brackets then with brackets of my own fabrication.

The brackets were super easy to make. Use my pick as a guide. They were 1/8" by 1" angle iron.

Back