• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 hubs, knuckle

buzzbombxj

NAXJA Forum User
im changing the u joint, ive got it all apart and the bolts out that hold the hub on, do i just beat it with a hammer till it comes off?

thanks a lot, i will do as he recomends, thats a great site

thats an excellent write-up but i dont like th eidea of pulling the hub with a slidehammer. seen those bearings seperate before. if it doesnt come out with some hammering on the sides i have some longer "sacrificial" bolts with the same thread that i install in the same holes and beat them to "drive" the hub out from the rear.

anti-seize = good stuff

I used an air hammer. It beat up the dust shields but worked great. JIM.

i dont have a slide hammer. i tried the tire, and a spent a while trying to beat it out with the rotor on backwards. i even tried unsafe things with the jack. i think that tomorow i will go to the hardware store and get some longer bolts to try to push it out. my friend is trying to get me to let him try to pull it out with a strap and his samuri, but i like the bolt idea much better.

buzzbombxj said:
i dont have a slide hammer. i tried the tire, and a spent a while trying to beat it out with the rotor on backwards. i even tried unsafe things with the jack. i think that tomorow i will go to the hardware store and get some longer bolts to try to push it out. my friend is trying to get me to let him try to pull it out with a strap and his samuri, but i like the bolt idea much better.
AutoZone will loan you a slide hammer for free, with a refundable deposit.

You do have the large nut in the center off right?

If you are going to hit the bolts from behind, make sure you thread them a few turns in first or you'll ruin the first thread.

HTH

yeah i finaly got it out a minute ago, thanks for all the help everybody, naxja is the best thing to happen to the internet, without it i would have been screwed

Well if you own a Jeep you're probably screwed anyway. A worse addiction hasn't been found yet.

Back