• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar IAC Valve PN

shmicah

NAXJA Forum User
Local dealership refuses to tell me the Part Number for a 99XJ L6 IAC Valve. They want $155 for the part :looney:

According to wermopar.com; its 4874373AB. Rockauto has the same PN marked as geunine OE.

However on Amazon people gave it negative reviews saying its actually Crown Automotive and not genuine Mopar.

Does anyone know if this is the true Mopar IAC Valve PN?

(And yes, I've cleaned it :), this is research purposes for now)

Thanks!

Idle Speed Control Motor - Mopar (4874373AB) - > https://moparonlineparts.com/mop-parts/#parts

The Chrysler/Jeep on-line Dealership Parts Departments sell genuine Jeep parts. Some also sell the same parts on Amazon.

Just because the Jeep part number is referenced in the description, does not guarantee that the parts are genuine Jeep.

Last edited:
Crown often uses the same part numbers as Jeep. If it comes in a Mopar box it is likely Mopar, but not necessarily. If it comes in a Crown box it could be any manufacturer.

I've had pretty good luck with Standard parts, not expensive enough to have knockoffs produced, generally good enough.

Some enterprising individual with a printing press could make Mopar boxes and put cheap parts in there.

I had it happen to me with Spicer U-joints.

I've actually had good luck using junk yard parts. IAC is an easy one, they used it in numerous motors for multiple years.

Just info but the IAC rarley goes bad, except for being gunked up or destroyed while trying to clean it with harsh solvents or a hammer. :) If it does screw up it usually throws an IAC specific code on the later models.

Crown often uses the same part numbers as Jeep. If it comes in a Mopar box it is likely Mopar, but not necessarily. If it comes in a Crown box it could be any manufacturer.

I've had pretty good luck with Standard parts, not expensive enough to have knockoffs produced, generally good enough.

Some enterprising individual with a printing press could make Mopar boxes and put cheap parts in there.

I had it happen to me with Spicer U-joints.

I've actually had good luck using junk yard parts. IAC is an easy one, they used it in numerous motors for multiple years.

Just info but the IAC rarley goes bad, except for being gunked up or destroyed while trying to clean it with harsh solvents or a hammer. :) If it does screw up it usually throws an IAC specific code on the later models.

Yeah, I need to do some more investigation before pullin the trigger. I have a code reader now so will look into that. Thanks!

The IAC can get buggy, and not throw any OBD-II trouble codes. I went through a couple used IAC, as in they worked for 6 months to a year, but only because they were all free.

I do not buy any engine sensors that are not genuine Jeep. The Chinese don't make any good "Lifetime Warranty" Jeep parts.

Just FYI:

http://www.moparamerica.com/oe-mopar/4874373ab

IAC Stepper Motor tests:

Visio-Drawing1%20IAC%20STEPPER%20MOTORS.jpg

If my Dealer told me they couldn't tell me the part number. I would walk out the door and tell them they have lost a customer for life.

The dealer doesn't want you to find out what should really cost.
$63, with free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ct_title_ 1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A35BKNF7G8DU3K

That's what I'm talking about though... look at comments. Everyone is giving it 1 star saying its Crown Automotive, not an actual OEM Mopar part. It's too easy on Amazon to say it is "this part" when you really mean "equivalent to this part". There's no way to know for sure without buying it and inspecting then returning. F that.

If my Dealer told me they couldn't tell me the part number. I would walk out the door and tell them they have lost a customer for life.

Yeah, I won't be buying anything from them anymore unless I have no other choice and can't find online. Even then, there are several dealerships around here to get bent over at...

Back