• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Second opinions needed for stroker build.

there arnt too many machine shops around, but there is one that a few people I know go to for these things. I was thinking for my build going a .030 overbore, new cam, lifters etc. get the crank balanced, high volume oil pump. king bearings. new valves etc. get the block dipped, get the intake dipped, banks headers 2.5" exhaust.

I've herd of a high volume oil pump being able to pump the oil up faster than it could come back down the head, resulting in an empty pan, no oil flow/pressure and maybe a bit of oil out of he breather and down the intake. Never had experience, just what I read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've herd of a high volume oil pump being able to pump the oil up faster than it could come back down the head, resulting in an empty pan, no oil flow/pressure and maybe a bit of oil out of he breather and down the intake. Never had experience, just what I read

Don't know where you got that, but it couldn't be farther from the truth !!!

I don't want to seem rude or anything but could you give any backing to this? I'm trying to decide if I should get one with my stoker at the moment.

We have a high volume oil pump and run over 4500 RPM' for long periods (hours) at a time, and over 6500-7000 passing other cars.

Never run out of oil. I think its a myth.

I don't want to seem rude or anything but could you give any backing to this? I'm trying to decide if I should get one with my stoker at the moment.

Yes, it's called 45yrs of building race motors for a living!

Sucking the pan dry is somewhat of a myth. It comes mostly from the muscle car world where oil pans were small and drain back holes were poorly designed and poor windage control could result in little oil in the pan. When I build sbc/BBC I enlarge certain drain holes and restrict others along with proper oil pan baffles and windage screens/trays. Not sure this is necessary on a 4.0 though. Loose bearing clearances are one reason for needing a high volume pump or running oil coolers or accusumps.

Back