• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a good set of ball joints

XjZack

NAXJA Forum User
I need a good set of ball joints for my 1998 Jeep XJ Dana 30.. I tried Alloy USA those only lasted less then a month with one Wheeling trip.. I replaced them with Spicer and those lasted about 3 months with 3 Wheeling trips..

I'm going to be doing the ball joints on my '91 XJ soon. I have the D-30 front axle. Do I need a "slant-cut" receiver for the ball joint press? Or can they be pressed in/out with a 90-degree cut receiver tube?

I ask because my ball joint press doesn't come with angled receiver.

Thanks.

I have the correct tool but honestly don't think it's necessary as it's such a small angle just be sure that bj starts straight otherwise it might oblong the hole.

Thanks for the reply ... I just ran out to the workshop and looked through the kit again, and I found the angled piece. It actually seems to be a presser, not a receiver. I guess now I need to round up some synergy BJs.

Last edited:
Back