• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Power Window Regulator assembly for 2dr XJ

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
If you have, or know someone who has either or both driver's and passenger's sides I have a buddy in dire need.

Or if you know of a source for reman/new units, post up a link.

Again, this is for 2 door XJ.

Thanks in advance!

I just went through this last year on my 99 2 door. They seem to be unobtanium new or reman. If he needs the whole regulator, the only place they might be available are junk yards somewhere, but I had no luck locating any.
I ended up using parts from a 4 door regulator to re-build my regulators. The motors are still available new. I think I got mine from O'Reillys.
They work great now, but it was a bit of a pain to fix mine.

Yeah the motors still work, it's the gear or cable that has stripped in both.

He's pretty mechanically savvy so yeah, if replacements aren't readily available, he may have to rebuild his using what he can find. It's been a while since I needed these myself and new could be found, but were pricey.

Sometimes you just need this part to fix it:
http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?SP12001

If the plastic tubing that houses the cable is broken, as many are, you can fix it by making an exoskeleton with stainless steel wire. Wrap the plastic housing with wire from end to end, make sure the wire is tight and secure, and then wrap it with electrical tape. You have to secure the wire to each end so the tubing doesn't come apart.
There is a place in Pheonix that specializes in fixing window regulators, and that is how the do it. Except they charge a fortune, and you can do it yourself for a few bucks.
It is a little bit of a pain, but mine work great, and have for over a year now.
It's really difficult to find 2 door regulators in a junkyard.

Depending on the issue I may have a fix for you. I never got around to writing it up, but I found a way to patch the plastic tube so it wont skip/slip in some cases as seen on the 2 door assembly. It involved hot glue and a specific tubing. (I need to find it again). This solved my issues on mine so far.

Stop by and show me. I've been dealing with this on the 90 for probably 20 years. Replaced the motor, lo, these many years ago, but it all depends on where the gear is on the regulator, or something. Anyway, it works, but needs help 50% of the time. 90 2-door, AX-15.

Stop by and show me. I've been dealing with this on the 90 for probably 20 years. Replaced the motor, lo, these many years ago, but it all depends on where the gear is on the regulator, or something. Anyway, it works, but needs help 50% of the time. 90 2-door, AX-15.
Sorry, got busy and forgot to look back at this. I am on the road till Christmas, hit me back around this just in case I forget.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Stroker, but he's likely to hold out to keep the power windows.

I'll keep you in mind should his hand get forced to go manual.

Panels Agate?

Back