• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Caged Needle bearing replacements?

zith

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've got a teraflex SYE which has two caged needle bearings which were pressed into the sprocket which drives the front output shaft, and these bearings appear to be on their way out.

Does anyone know if these are a part which can be bought at an auto parts store, or are they a special part for the SYE? I think JB Conversions uses a similar needle bearing design in the sprocket, so if anyone has a part number for them (or any other brand SYE) as a starting point to bug the autozone guys, I'd greatly appreciate it.t

My transfercase is sitting in pieces right now... I'd love to get it back together ASAP. :) Thanks.

They are OEM Jeep!

I know when I installed my JB SYE the instructions said remove the needle bearings (If you've got them) and discard them per NVG design. My 95 didn't have them so was a non-issue for me.

Newer NP t-cases ditched the sproket bearings and made it so the sproket rode right on the mainshaft. As for getting new ones quick try either the dealer or if you can find any numbers you might be able to match it up at the parts store of your choice. If it were me thou, since you have it apart and it has a couple bad bearings, I would buy a bearing and seal kit that comes with everything you need. Just my .02 thou.

So the bearings that I had to push in are the same bearings that some people have to knock out when installing SYEs? Sure wish I didn't have to deal with them!

Thanks for the info guys, guess I'll be driving around to parts stores/dealers after work today to find these.

Search for "National Drivetrain" on this board.

I think I have posted their contact info before, but can't find them now.

They have all the parts you need.

Back