• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gear ratio

that is a loaded question..... the answer to that would range anywahere from 4.11's to 4.88's LOL I have stick with 4.11's and 31's and I like it (I drive a lot on the freeway) but I think that if I had the 4.56's I wouldn't complain about it either :D

If you have auto things change a bit..... ALso are you looking to make this a trail only rig? how fast you wanna drive on the freeway? will you ever want to make your tires taller? will you stick with the stock t-case or get something with a lower ratio (4:1) and so on... it's all to be considered...

Oh... and them ratio calculators and tables.... they don't really work: they do not take into account more friction on the tires, more air resistance, increased weight and so on...

Kejtar

I plan to stay with 31"s, 65 mph on the freeway is fine, I have an automatic, and no not a trail only vehicle thanks

I'm running 4.10 with 31" BFG's a 4.0l and auto tranny. It works great for a daily driver. If there is even the slightest possibility that you will want bigger tires in the future, go with 4.56's.

RR3

4.10s are good for 31s but if you are going bigger anytime in the future go for 4.56s. I have 4.10s and 33s and it is geared too high. It doesnt like 4th gear (OD) and any hill at all. oh and its an auto. 4.10s and 31s at 65mph *should* be about 2200rpms. 31s and 3.55s is about 1900rpms.

Tim

Loved my 4.56s and 31s, but now I have 4.56s and 35s----It sucks but I will have to live with it for a long while, hopefully till front 44 is built. --Kyle

Back