• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mating Renix fuel rail to HO

Thedude4895

NAXJA Forum User
SO i'm going to be putting a 1996 HO motor, intake, TB into my 5 speed 1990 Comanche but i'm keeping the renix controls. It seems pretty straight forward but I'm curious what options I have as far as the fuel rail is concerned. I know there is a difference between the 96 and 90 fuel rails so I found a 91-95 style which can mount to the 96 intake and has similar inputs and fpr as the 90 rail.

I've read that I need to extend the fuel lines from the body to the new input location, so what all do I need to do that? could anybody provide examples of how they did it?

Alternatively.. Is it possible to keep the renix rail and mate it to the 96 intake?

Renix rail won't mount up, easier to use the later rail.

all you need to do is move the return line fitting, on a Renix it's at the back of the rail ... on an HO it's at the front next to the inlet.

if available grab the HO fuel lines back to the crimps at the firewall.

If not GM fuel fittings work as well, 5/16" and 3/8" ... and run rubber hose back to the Renix Hardlines ... ran like this for a couple years ... then snagged a set of HO fuel lines when I poicked up a parts 93 XJ, so I used those for a slightly cleaner look.

my 88 4.0 uses a 94 fuel rail, 92 throttle body, 00 intake VC and PS setup, 92 exhaust manifold, and Renix ECM (although I did convert to a GM 86-94 2.8L TPS - same as Renix but cheaper and different wire pinout).

Renix rail won't mount up, easier to use the later rail.

all you need to do is move the return line fitting, on a Renix it's at the back of the rail ... on an HO it's at the front next to the inlet.

if available grab the HO fuel lines back to the crimps at the firewall.

If not GM fuel fittings work as well, 5/16" and 3/8" ... and run rubber hose back to the Renix Hardlines ... ran like this for a couple years ... then snagged a set of HO fuel lines when I poicked up a parts 93 XJ, so I used those for a slightly cleaner look.

my 88 4.0 uses a 94 fuel rail, 92 throttle body, 00 intake VC and PS setup, 92 exhaust manifold, and Renix ECM (although I did convert to a GM 86-94 2.8L TPS - same as Renix but cheaper and different wire pinout).

Hey thanks for the reply here (and on comancheclub). Is there any chance you would have part numbers for those fittings or a link so I can order the right ones. What kind of rubber hose should I use? I assume they sell fuel line hose?

In theory you could build an extension, although one more place to potentially fail.

Back