• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for specs

devile

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've recently torn off my front bumper and made a hell of a mess with the mounts. So, i have new mounts, but i don't htink i want to use them. I am looking for those mounts (custom) i've seen pictures of, that have like 7 bolts that go through them instead of the factory 3, and that go back further along the frame rail than the factory ones. I'm looking for specs (dimesnions) on those so i can make them and then build a custom bumper around it. Any support or advice, or specs would be appreciated. Thanks

Oh yes, 1992 XJ Limited.... First Impression of 4.0L "YEEEHAW, HOLY S**T"

What you are referring to is the tow hook brackets offered by Rusty's Off-Road and Custom 4x4 Fabrications. You can find links to both companies elsewhere on this site (I think), but they won't show dimensions, and I can't imagine that either company is going to help you out with blueprints so you can avoid buying from them.

You need to find a wreck in a salvage yard with the factory tow hook brackets. Then you can either use them as brackets, or use them as templates to build something stronger.

No, i'm refering to this
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/100_0690.jpg

Not the C4X4 tow hook mounting brackets.

toryranger has the right idea. I'm just looking for the basic dimensions, i know it would probably pretty easy to figure it out, but i'm lazy and am wondering if they are out there.

After looking at the site that TORYRANGER showed me, it goes on the other side of the frame rail as the bumper mount, it just reinforces it...Please correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:
do you have autoCAD?

i have a steering box brace that i teched out...

and all the bulkhead and bumper mounts like rigidco has as a .dwg

let me know...

ChuckD used to have his layout in PDF format.

RCP Phx said:
ChuckD used to have his layout in PDF format.

i think that is who i got it from...

youi wanna build somethin like this
liftparts2.JPG

devile said:
No, i'm refering to this
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/100_0690.jpg

Not the C4X4 tow hook mounting brackets.

toryranger has the right idea. I'm just looking for the basic dimensions, i know it would probably pretty easy to figure it out, but i'm lazy and am wondering if they are out there.

After looking at the site that TORYRANGER showed me, it goes on the other side of the frame rail as the bumper mount, it just reinforces it...Please correct me if i'm wrong

Ok I see what there doing there.. btw thats only on the drivers side
they are using the steering box bolts to attach it also

heres two thought s
1 why bolt to the steering box
just in case that bumper gets torn up do you really want the steering box goin with it

2 less holes to drill :)

Last edited:
devile said:
After looking at this design i noticed that the three bolt holes closed to the back, there don't seem to be any bolts in these locations... So, did they drill new ones or is this for a different year than mine maybe. But, i do like it and i will use it as a refeence point. Thanks very much.

thays where you get out the drill bit...

see what happens in aituation like this is that the guy who gives you the specs
might be a crazy man
and yoiu build to his specs and they could be off

if you do the measuring your self you know its right or if you screw it up you have only yourself to blame :)

get a piece of carboard and pull the front bumper off( watch that vacume line on the pass side and measure what you want

the bolt holes that youi can use on one side arent the same as the other

just measure cut and bolt up the build your bumper around that

I should have a write up soon about it

Last edited:
Back