• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 to HO 4.0 swap question

Matt99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
If you take an 88XJ with a 4.0/AW-4 and swap in a HO 4.0 out of a 93 XJ with AW-4 what all do you need to swap over with the engine?

Would I take the computer, wiring, harness, sensors, etc. from the 93' and hook it up in the 88?

If so what all is involved? If I put the 93 computer and harness in, it will match all of the sensors on the engine. So, is swapping out the computer/harness the only thing that has to be done or is there going to be some splicing involved?

WIll all of the sensors hook up to the new engine? Do I have to change out the tranny with it or can I keep the old tranny? Anymore info anyone???

You're only going to use the '93 long block. All the ancillaries including the sensors will be from your '88. You can even keep your old '88 AW4 and save yourself a large wad of dinero.

Back