• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The .577 T-Rex

Seen that thing a few times.... it is stupid that I still want to shoot it?

NO... I want to also. PLUS I want to see the hole it makes in.. well... just about anything I can legally shoot at. A wall, a car, a cow... maybe even Sparty.

J/K Sparty... I wouldn't do that too you, I just couldn't help it.

not at all X2, i want to shoot it as well!

for reference purposes....
300px-577_Tyrannosaur_and_308_Winchester_Compared.jpg

the left and right side are .577 t-rex in both soft point and what they ar calling solid point (I'm assuming it's the same as FMJ)
The bullet in the middle is a .308. Think about that for a minute!

Aw, yeah.

There are just times when you need the ballistics to stop a truck. Having shot rounds like the .458 WinMag, .458 Lott, .460 Weatherby, .375 Holland & Holland and the like has just shown me how much fun things like that can be.

The .500 S&W is also fun - popped off a cylinder full of those once.

Probably the most outsized firearm I've ever shot was a Freedom Arms revolver - 8" tube, five-shot cylinder. Calibre? .45-70. I dare you to one-hand that sucker...

Bro, that's awsome. I bet you I can keep it steady. :D

Bro, that's awsome. I bet you I can keep it steady. :D

Hmm... Maybe I should have dared you to rapid-fire a full cylinder with one hand and without cracking your wrist?:gag:

Shooting big guns is fun! Spendy, but fun. I still want to make myself a baby brass cannon one of these days.

It would stun people watching me one-hand a 12ga - but I'm a big guy, and can usually get away with stuff like that. And, I probably know more about recoil and such than they do (which allows me to get away with more, since I know how it works.) Still, it was funny watching the faces on people when I'd one-hand the thing loaded with slugs, and hit targets forty yards away (which do take practise, believe me!)

Anything you can do... Sparty can do better.

Right on. Tell 'em grampa. :D
I've never shot a 12 before, but I bet you with some practice I could shoot one handed just as well.

Just because I am older... and MUCH more wiser than you, does not make me a grandpa.

i shot my browning A5 12 gauge one handed for the first time at the garland range the other day....it wasn't bad, just interesting. and i didn't hit jack!

I can shoot my 12 one handed. Used to have a tactical sawed off shotgun with a pistol grip that I used to shoot one handed regularly. LOL I love to shoot skeet as well. A 12 guage isn't anything compared to a smoke pole like that.

How big is that Nitro round compared to a .50 rifle round?

0.2 bigger... Sheesh. LMAO

Ohh yeah! Hahaha! Which one is better?

Depends... What are you trying to stop, an armored truck or a armored tank?

Back