• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Got up to take mine to cars and coffee

Didn't start

Guess I'll be putting in my new battery cables while I charge the battery

BTW, I am looking for 1-2 stock rear leaf springs, and its parts, if anyone around Houston has 1-2 in their way. I have a busted one I need to change out, stock.

I just impulse bought 35s

Those 35's will become one of your better investments off road... not so much on the pavement ;)

I've got my truck for pavement. Debating moving to towing anyway

Wish me luck, down to changing the seemingly good (in all tests so far) Renix CPS, to see if that solves the running like a POS, barley runs now problem on my Wagoneer XJ DD. After that, it is has to be wiring:gag:, the ECU or the engine:gag:. The Snap on MT-2500 was telling me all along the ECU and sensors and engine were fine, but that it was just wanting to run a bit rich (STFT was lower than OEM specs).

I've run every test know to Man and Naxja and Renix Gurus.

hasta I sure hope its the CPS.

Happy 4th, and may the Fourth be with you all!!!! :cheers:

I must have spent 16 hours the last week debugging my Renix miss fire and stumbling issue. :(

The more time I spend on it, the worse it gets.

2FC14BBB-5456-414D-9D24-70539DBA7CB6_zpsteaclxsz.jpg

Well the Dark side of the Fourth won Tuesday night and ate one of my CPS shoulder bolts, somewhere in the bell housing.

Getting old sucks.!!!1

I am working on my master Jedi stealth plan for helping it escape the bell housing it is now jailed in. The dark side will not win this war!!!

Wish me luck, down to changing the seemingly good (in all tests so far) Renix CPS, to see if that solves the running like a POS, barley runs now problem on my Wagoneer XJ DD. After that, it is has to be wiring:gag:, the ECU or the engine:gag:. The Snap on MT-2500 was telling me all along the ECU and sensors and engine were fine, but that it was just wanting to run a bit rich (STFT was lower than OEM specs).

I've run every test know to Man and Naxja and Renix Gurus.

hasta I sure hope its the CPS.

Happy 4th, and may the Fourth be with you all!!!! :cheers:

Sold the jk wheels

Made money on my swap to 35s

Amazon to the rescue, got two new ultra ULTRA-small magnetic wands for bolt fishing in the tranny bell housing today. Resting up today for the Battle of the missing bolt tomorrow.;)

Well it seems my Jedi-Jeep Master skills for now, are unmatched in the Galaxy, :D LOL. The dark side that had captured my Jeeps CPS bolt, and was holding it captive presumably in the hellish bowls of my Transmissions bell housing, gave up the bolt with out a single skirmish or battle today.

Fear is a powerful weapon. I had my Jedi attack plan all mapped out, with the help of my Jedi friends here, worked on it for days, and my special new weapons of choice on hand (mini magnetic wands) that arrived from the world of Amasons (Amason Prime, LOL, not to be confused with Optimus Prime).

So I popped the hood up, grabbed my old Jedi magnetic wand to get it out of the way (large bulky thing) I had left in place Tuesday night on the top side of the engine dangling between the block and firewall, where I tried to blindly find it on Tuesday, to make room for doing battle today and .........

Wait

For

It

The demons of darkness :firedevilhad already surrendered the bolt to my old Jedi Magnetic wand I had left there since Tuesday Night!!!!

LMFAO I am.

This has never happened before!!! I had tried three times Tuesday night stabbing around in the same places from the top side between the block and firewall, just in case it had not fallen into the bell housing, trying to get lucky searching with the old bulky wand, literally blindfolded, before I convinced myself it must have fallen into the bell housing.

Then I left the wand there for a second round of search and rescue later..... so I could sleep on it and ask for ideas here

Luck of the Irish!!!:D

Have a great weekend folks!!!

Well the Dark side of the Fourth won Tuesday night and ate one of my CPS shoulder bolts, somewhere in the bell housing.

Getting old sucks.!!!1

I am working on my master Jedi stealth plan for helping it escape the bell housing it is now jailed in. The dark side will not win this war!!!

I got/found the missing CPS bolt, by sheer luck, long story.

Had her running for 3 minutes at 3500 rpm today, let it idle and after about 10 seconds she died for good.:(

Long story, It was not the CPS!!!! New one was worse than the old one, had to do the Ecomike fix :twak: on it......

It was not the Dizzy needing indexing, but indexing it did lead me to the real problem.

It was not the valve train.

It was not the cap, the rotor, the plugs, the wires, the ICM, the HV coil, the ECU, the battery, the grounds, the owner :nono:, LOL, the blinker fluid,

It was not any of the usual suspects!!!!:laugh3:

The sheer pin holding the gear onto the dizzy shaft died, slowly, in stages, and today after running well at 3500 rpm for 3 minutes (after indexing the dizzy), it completely gave up for good, at idle after 5-6 seconds at idle.

Wasted a lot of time dorking with changing the CPS. The new one had 1/3 the peak AC voltage while cranking of the old one. But I was getting desperate and was not yet convinced it was bad valves on the head. I fixed the new CPS with a hammer and a long crow bar,:twak: literally :laugh3: LOL. Got the cranking voltage up from .20 (even after drilling out the holes to one size larger and slotting the bottoms side), to .65 just by bending the arm. I think pushing it away from the gear teeth a little bit may be the real trick on Renix CPS performance boosting?

Putting the new dizzy in Wednesday when/if I get time.

Then I move on to replacing the broken leaf spring on the other renix jeep

It's ALIVE!!!!!:laugh3:

My Wagoneer is running again. Dizzy sheer pin died. New dizzy and indexing (cutting off the ears ) and using the www.cruizer54 indexing procedure to fix the factory Dizzy/Cam shaft OEM errors got it running and no more back firing no matter how hard I try from 1500 to 4500 rpm. Runs great from 1500 to 4500 rpm.

Now to solve the new problem, a rough idle. :rattle:

Solved the last problem. Seems even a Jedi Jeep mechanic can make a rookie mistake and cross two spark plug wires, LMAO. Gotta love these fixes that do not require pulling the timing chain cover, or a head job :)

Had the #3 and #4 plug wires criss-crossed. And it still ran like a beast above idle. But it had a shake at idle. Runs like a new engine for the first time in 13 years now, only 290,000 miles on it. The 87 Wagoneer XJ. Now to work on replacing 10+ year old Renix coolant bottles out on 2 rigs and replacing the leaf springs on the white XJ I bought and parked for a rainy day 5 years ago. Then back to the wiring mess project in the dash of the 85 diesel XJ. Will I survived another year and BD this week. :party:

It's ALIVE!!!!!:laugh3:

My Wagoneer is running again. Dizzy sheer pin died. New dizzy and indexing (cutting off the ears ) and using the www.cruizer54 indexing procedure to fix the factory Dizzy/Cam shaft OEM errors got it running and no more back firing no matter how hard I try from 1500 to 4500 rpm. Runs great from 1500 to 4500 rpm.

Now to solve the new problem, a rough idle. :rattle:

Back