• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 Jeep Cherokee XJ chop top for sale $7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sig Ep Mock

NAXJA Forum User
Ok a lot of you know Tony's old XJ, well I'm the rocket scientist that cut the roof off :) It's been an incredible rig for the family and the,wifey doesn't want to sell it but we are moving to San Diego and need to reduce the number of toys. Here's a quick recap of the build sheet, hope I got it right. I did a few upgrades like the transfer case and front chromoly axles, also replaced the front Deaver coils springs with Deaver coil springs :) Frame was reinforced and gusseted.

4x4 with 6" Y link lift with Deaver progressive rate coil spring up front, matching progressive Deaver long travel leaf springs in the rear. It has Bilstein 7100 remote reservoir shocks at all four corners with hyd bump stops up front to eat up the big bumps.
Front axle is Dana 30 upgraded with Detroit true trac soft locker and chromoly shafts. Rear is Chrysler 8.25 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts. 4.56 gears with 33" BFG mud terrains. Transfer case is JB conversion HD 231 with the upgraded internals(basically upgraded to match the one from Dodge 1/2 ton truck with a V8). 4.0L straight six with cold air intake and chip. 213k miles but runs strong, doesn't burn oil, just keeps on going. I thought I was going to upgrade the motor but this thing just won't die, tons of torque and it just passed smog again with flying colors.

It has front fiberglass fenders. Interior has bedliner spray in liner, heated PRP seats front and rear, main cage is all 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM tied into the frame. Carries a full size spare, highlift jack, toolbox, and on board air compressor. Stock replacement HIDs, two HIDs on front bumper, and underbody rock lights(can double and disco party lights :) ) It also has wakeboard tower speakers in rear, two alpine amps, and a 10" sub with iPod direct connect. Sounds pretty decent around the camp fire at night or while rocking out on the trail.

List goes on and on and i am sure i forgot something. I'm asking $7000 and I am pretty firm on the price unless you don't need HID's and stereo. I think it is priced fair with the amount of upgrades but let me know if I am way off.

Thanks,

Chris
47a559ec-c04a-7766.jpg

47a559ec-c080-e652.jpg

47a559ec-c08f-6178.jpg

47a559ec-c09b-b7cc.jpg

47a559ec-c0a7-2758.jpg

47a559ec-c0b2-48ba.jpg

47a559ec-c0c6-c0aa.jpg

47a559ec-c110-3d1c.jpg

47a559ec-c11e-4e0c.jpg

I wish I had 7grand, it would be sold right now...definitely worth the price!

Ahhhh man!!! GLWS. Great rig for sure I was the second owner, so its barely on it's third. Who ever buys, I have plenty of pics as well.

Ahhhh man!!! GLWS. Great rig for sure I was the second owner, so its barely on it's third. Who ever buys, I have plenty of pics as well.

Thanks Tony, the wife is still angry with me for putting it up for sale, this thing has been old reliable for us, never left us stranded. I think it has a lot to do with how well you built it. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

Chris

I ended up with this xj. Nice jeep. But misrepresented for sure. Found out the hard way, that this jeep does not have a detroit locker in the rear. In fact has a factory limited slip 8.25 only. Also does not have deaver leaf pack in back (per deaver). So, $700 deaver leaf pack, and $600? locker + install cost.....There's also some question on whether the front shafts are chromoly. Suspension guy says no. Aftermarket yes, chromoly no.

Funny because the lockers were a major selling point to this thing for me. Was going to spend money on lockers for my other xj, bought this for the difference in what they would've cost me.

I know, buyer beware. Pulling everything apart now. Questioning if a trutrac is actually in the front or not. Time will tell.

I know this is a tight group of guys on here, and I read these forums daily. Just pisses me off to get taken advantage of.

Had to vent a little...

I have dealt with Chris in several instances and have never questioned his integrity. I know the vehicle has switch hands once or twice since bus ownership. Is it possible there were changes since his ownership?

Same here, Nokuout, I've bought from Chris before, and my impression was that he was a very stand-up guy. I'd be very surprised if this was intentional.

Still, that has to be very dissappointing. I'd probably be pissed, too.

So you bought the jeep 6 months ago, and are just now saying it wasnt as represented? Why didnt you pop the covers when you got it home?

Chris always seemed like a good dude to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back