• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ashtray light. How to change the bulb?

SV1CEC

NAXJA Forum User
Excuse the stupid question, but does anyone know how to change the bulb at the ashtray light? I tried to reach it from underneat the dash (driver's side) and it's impossible unless I can convince my 20 months old sons to do it.

Oh yes, it is a 1984 Cherokee.

Thanks friends

Can't help you, I just kind of aim and I usually hit it, hahaha. Wanted to tell you though, nice site. Pics are great and it's nice to put a face to the name.
Marshall

Drop the lower dash, its held by several screws in the blackend out region below the dash. Remove the ashtray, remove the screw behind it. You will then be able to pivot the lower dash to gain acces to the light bulb. If its still too tight, loosen the scews at the ends of the lower dash that attatch it to the area below the A-pillar.

XJguy

grizzley02360 said:
Can't help you, I just kind of aim and I usually hit it, hahaha. Wanted to tell you though, nice site. Pics are great and it's nice to put a face to the name.
Marshall

Thanks, which site are you refering to?

XJguy said:
Drop the lower dash, its held by several screws in the blackend out region below the dash. Remove the ashtray, remove the screw behind it. You will then be able to pivot the lower dash to gain acces to the light bulb. If its still too tight, loosen the scews at the ends of the lower dash that attatch it to the area below the A-pillar.

Thanks XJguy, I appreciate it. That is what I was hoping to avoid! You would expect you shouldn't need to dismandle half the truck to change a bloody light bulb, but then it wouldn't be DC, right?

By the way, does any one knows why I do not receive an e-mail, whenever someone answers a thread I have created or participated in? I used to get them in the past, what happened?

Rgsd and thanks to both

Welcome.

Apparently many forum users did not know how to use the feature properly and were getting tons of emails sent to them, they then made complaints claiming NAXJA was spamming. So as a result it was decided by the Forum Fixer to disable automatic notification unless its a PM. You must manually select to be notified for each regular post now.

XJguy

Back