• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

As much as I drive, a leased car does not make sense for me, but if you can keep it in that mileage range per year, sounds like it might work out best for you. The good part about leases is if you like it, you can potentially buy it after the lease is up. Then you know how the previous owner treated it, drove it, and if it had any issues in the time they have it. Buying used, you don’t have that luxury.

f84400b429ba21e6264d26dffeb4d545.jpg

Ready for paint.

mac ‘actually hiring it out’ gyvr

We leased the Fusion. it is on a three year 36,000 mile lease.
We have had it two years almost exactly and it has 30,000 miles on it
We put a bunch of money down and the "payment" is $180.00 per month.
The lease has a buy out clause when the lease is up written in to it, it has the price, interest and the payment spelled out.
We will be over miles but we plan on keeping it so it is no big deal.

So....air vs cordless impact, what would you guys rather have? I got a Makita 18V Subcompact set for christmas, so married to that setup for a while. I have the IRO compressor w/ 20ft hose in the jeep, so access to power for either is there. Looking to keep it $ 150 or under hopefully, so not getting anything premium. What do you guys think?

Makita XWT08Z

Need some cell phone advice.

Been a verizon customer since it was called something else in 1994 and was bought out by verizon except for one year in the late 90's I switched, hated it, and came back to verizon.

Anyways.

AT&T has all kinds of deals and ways that I can save money. Including saving money on my directTV bill.

I've always had great service with verizon, but I feel like I'm paying too much.

Tell me if you like or dislike AT&T...

mac 'and go' gyvr

I have AT&T Prepaid. Pay $60 a month for unlimited everything. Havent really noticed any difference in reception vs verizon. I bought my new galaxy from Samsung direct when they came out which was cheaper than any carrier had them.

Also if you fly to mexico or canada its covered free, which was pretty sweet to be streaming pandora watching the topless europeans in cancun.

For the price I’m really starting to feel Verizon is no longer worth it. We have been costumers of theirs for about 18yrs, prices keep going up and service keeps getting worse

For the price I’m really starting to feel Verizon is no longer worth it. We have been costumers of theirs for about 18yrs, prices keep going up and service keeps getting worse

I thought this one time and we switched. We had nothing but troubles.
We switched to Sprint and it did not work at our house, even though they said it would and we got hit with a huge roaming charge the first month.
We got out of their contract and went back to VZW, but yes it is expensive.
But, it works everywhere (for phone calls) and that is important.
We pay $250.00 for two tablets and 4 phones with unlimited data and calls.
If I could get out home internet straightened out, we would not need the unlimited, but sometimes our DSL goes out and I need to get something done.

We've been with Sprint for 15yrs after getting screwed by US Cellular for 7yrs and yes the service sucks but i pay half to almpst 1/3rd the price for 3 unlimited lines/phones them my buddy with one line on Verizon does. If we ever switch it will be to Verizon just can't justify the price difference

well i went with the lease option and the fun continues. so i test drove a blue f150 for a day and loved it. it was the exact truck i have been looking for. after looking at it my wife decided she didnt like the blue. ford had a shadow grey one exactly the same. so the wife and i ended up loving that color.
problem is when we started it up it threw a bunch of dash lights like check engine etc.
so i worked for ford for 15yrs and seen this kind of stuff all the time and it was never a big deal. obviously they were going to look into it and give me a 2017 f150 to dive in the meantime.
we decide to go with it signed all the papers and put a down payment.
get a call yesterday and was told it was ready to go. i asked what the problem was and he kind of beat around the bush and didn't really tell me.

so i go to pick it up and after waiting about 45mins for them to clean it and what not, he gets a call and then his face drops. i knew it immediately, lights came back on.

he trys to talk to me like a salesman and explain it to me. i know the truth, tech cleared the lights and they didnt come back on until the porters were driving it around.

so im less joking manner with him this time and say i understand but this time make sure someone dives deep so i dont take this thing home and end up on the side of the road with my kids in the car.

i give it 1 more go and tell him to call me tomorrow when they find the issue.

calls today and say the tech "thinks" they know what it is. working with fomoco hotline they believe it could be the wire harness.
so we gotta get that ordered and insta/
wait let me stop you right there. time to find me a knew truck. i have not even test drove this and its been in the shop twice and now you're thinking wire harness. just go ahead and find me a new one.
he said well the blue one/
nope didn't like it. you're going to have to dealer trade and find me the same truck.
well dealer trades cost money and i don't want your payme/
nope the money is not my problem. you sold me a screwed truck. find me a unscrewed truck.

SAM'rant/vent'SET

This is why I make my mom buy a new Camry every 4 yrs. only general maintenance, and good trade in value. She is 73yrs old and well off, but I don't need her stranded in the winter in Iowa.

This is why I make my mom buy a new Camry every 4 yrs. only general maintenance, and good trade in value. She is 73yrs old and well off, but I don't need her stranded in the winter in Iowa.
By the way last time she got snowed in I tried pulling her out with the Jeep it ripped the rear
bumper off. hehehe

Ordered new tires for the XL. Went with Mastercraft ATX 265/75-16 lrE again. I got 40k out of the last set with pisspoor rotation program, very happy with the winter performance and they ride pretty good for a 80psi tire.

fedex is so dumb. i ordered 4 rims that were supposed to show up yesterday. driver shows up (in a uhaul) and only has 3 boxes. i ask about the missing box and he checks the tracking. shows that its in Missouri cause of weather. why would one rim be on a different truck?

Did it possibly come from a different warehouse? I know sometimes with big companies that not everything comes from the same warehouse.

Back