• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magna Flow 50 State Cat Carb E.O.

Had one on my 99...couldn't pass. Nox was in the 8-900 range with old cat. New magna flow only brought it down to about 700 if I recall right.

I am running a Magnaflow 445306 correction: 445036 on my '96 (OBDII). I get numbers so clean I almost wonder if the Jeep was running during the test.

Make sure the CARB EO numbers include your year/model in the fine print.

Last edited:
Did you put on a different brand to bring the number down or ??

Nope, tried everything after the cat didn't work. Colder plugs, lower temp t-stat, decarboned the engine, new injectors, new filters, checked fuel pressure, etc., etc.

In the end I had to add water injection to get the Nox down. I always suspected that cat was the issue, but the jeep was already sold, so all of that took place in under a week.

Last edited:
I am going with the model specific Magnaflow model that Anak referenced, hopefully I will get those "is it running?" numbers too........stay tuned.

One big help is to pull into the check station immediately after a nice, long drive. Gets things well warmed. With a brand new cat, I too got extremely low numbers on the test.

David Bricker / SYR

I had just squeaked by on the NOX count the past 2 tests (4 years) I was sure this would be the year I won't be able to do the usually "tricks" the get it by, although it came within 20 to 60 counts.

You might talk to Mike's Muffler, on Garvey in El Monte. (626) 443-5139. He installed my 1st and 2nd cat on Gomer. Had to get a 2nd one when the 1st one was in the way of the new long arms. Gomer is a '95, by the way.

Both were CARB compliant, and I have the paperwork accordingly. With the 2nd cat, which is quite a bit smaller, it passed emissions, and I know they checked for a CARB tag on it.

I still have the 1st cat around someplace, probably in the container.

David Bricker / SYR

Results with new Magnaflow cat, I'm squeaky clean.
Now I can go bash it in on a rock !

34ipzkj.jpg

24dpopi.jpg

someone on here got screwed by Magnaflow's site. check the eo number on the CARB site and make sure it works for your jeep.

check the eo number on the CARB site and make sure it works for your jeep.

Yep, did all that homework, the correct e.o.# for my '98 is D-193-103, for Anak's '96 the # is D-193-100
(magnaflow info was accurate)

The difference is, for the '98 they sized the inlet and outlet down to 2" from the normal 2-1/2"...........go figure, so now I'm 2-1/2" upstream and downstream and 2" through the cat.

Yep, did all that homework, the correct e.o.# for my '98 is D-193-103, for Anak's '96 the # is D-193-100
(magnaflow info was accurate)

The difference is, for the '98 they sized the inlet and outlet down to 2" from the normal 2-1/2"...........go figure, so now I'm 2-1/2" upstream and downstream and 2" through the cat.

that's the second vehicle i heard that about from magnaflow's site.

Back