• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

professional alignment ?s

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,

I have fixed up/lower control arms and would like to know if i took the jeep to a shop for an alignment, am I wasting money without having the ability to adjust upper/ lower arms?

Is a shop adjusting tow any better than doing it your self?

RE 3.5 SF lift, 33s

thank you for any help,

happy holidays

There is adjustment in your arms unless you took the "shoe's" out. As far as tow-in, my 2000 went on a alignment rack for the first time in 17yrs just to check my work. It came out exactly as it went in!

The shop may be able to adjust the castor some depending on where your LCAs are already set at. They won't be able to get it to spec but likely set it as positive as adjusters allow for.
Some shops offer a free alignment check. Get the printout and go from there.

hey all,
Is a shop adjusting tow any better than doing it your self?

Personally, I can do a better job adjusting the toe with a couple of 6-foot lengths of angle iron bolted to the wheel studs and a tape measure. The shops may give you measurements out to 3 decimal places, but it's really not that accurate, and it relies on the tech getting the alignment tool properly mounted on the wheel.

Walk out if they tell you they can adjust the camber or align the rear end.

Personally, I can do a better job adjusting the toe with a couple of 6-foot lengths of angle iron bolted to the wheel studs and a tape measure. The shops may give you measurements out to 3 decimal places, but it's really not that accurate, and it relies on the tech getting the alignment tool properly mounted on the wheel.

Walk out if they tell you they can adjust the camber or align the rear end.

Align It yourself.
if any shop tries to sell you the 4x4 alignment.
take your business elsewhere.

Back