• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO2 mount pics and cargo box

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got a sweet CO2 10lb tank from formattfab, I am lovin it. Got it mounted up to the top of my cargo box. The box itself has two huge "L" brackets at rear of box that BOLT thru the floor (no self tappers) and big lag bolts into the box. The front of box is cut on angle to match back of seat (never wheel with seat back down). Then the tank holder is bolted to flat stock that is Lagged to side of box (thru 2x6) and goes to seatbelt bolt/mount. To mount to the seatbelt mount, I just took bolt out, and there is a spacer, I ground it down by the thickness of the steel then rebolt. The CO2 mount itself is also screwed down to top of box with 5 screws to the plywood. confusing, just look at pics.

Here is pics of the CO2 mount.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMmLJy4atXZA

Here are some pics of the Cargo box itself.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMmLJy4atXRg

Hope this can help someone. If so, let me know, I can sure use the green points!

Later,
Jason

Hope to see you on the trial, you can pull me out!

Is there anyway to checkout the pics without joining and signing in? Can't you turn off the sign in feature?

-Mike

Nice box, I like the way you did it. The table is a great idea. I just finished mine and was going to start a thread, but decided to add to your thread.

Here is mine, it is just a regular box with no slant in the front. Made it out of 1 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" High Density MDF. HEAVY. I was too cheap to use plywood. Figured if the MDF fails I can rebuild it in plywood. Ended up being 7 1/4" inches tall. I wanted to carpet it but haven't found beige carpet yet.
CargoBox002.jpg

I see that we used the same latches: Sash latches with gold for the Bling. Used a L bracket on both slids and two in the front. (no lags here either) And then used Trap Door Handles for tie downs on top for my spare, cooler and any additional gear.
CargoBox003.jpg

I ended up going with roller bearing slides with 24" of travel. Can hold 100lbs per pair. I think they need them when loaded with tools and spares. The only problem is that they won't stay open on any sort of incline. :rattle:
CargoBox007.jpg

I don't have my CO2 mounted yet. Plan on the same mount as you but on the left where the spare used to go.

Dude, THAT is a nice cargo box! I love the slides. I was at lowes and they had the shorties for cheap.... wish I would of waited and ordered THOSE like you.

I got my carpet at Walmart for $7. It was in auto, by the floormats, bottom shelf, buried to the back. They had lots of colors I think.

Jason

Red97XJ said:
Dude, THAT is a nice cargo box! I love the slides. I was at lowes and they had the shorties for cheap.... wish I would of waited and ordered THOSE like you.

I got my carpet at Walmart for $7. It was in auto, by the floormats, bottom shelf, buried to the back. They had lots of colors I think.

Jason

I got my slides at Home Depot, but they are the same as the ones at Lowes. I paid $15 a pair. I will check Walmart for carpet. Tried the local fabric stores and all I could find was Pleather(fake leather) which would match my seats but everything would slid around.

Hans

Mike L said:
Is there anyway to checkout the pics without joining and signing in? Can't you turn off the sign in feature?

-Mike

Dork, bottom left hand corner. "View Pictures"

Watch out I'm on a role tonight. :D

Lincoln said:
Dork, bottom left hand corner. "View Pictures"

Watch out I'm on a role tonight. :D

Haha. When I click wiew pics they come up but in thumbnail size.

-Mike

nhrocker said:
Try clicking on one of the thumbnails....... :laugh3:

I did and nothing happened. Maybe I should have added that to my previous post.

-Mike

sweet cargo box man!!

Back