• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ retractable cargo cover on XJ (Pics)

svaras

NAXJA Forum User
Since I couldn´t change the title of my other post, I´ll start a new one in order to help other guys when they do the search.
...little summary....

Bought a cargo cover on ebay. The seller wrote it was from a 1998 Cherokee so I proceeded with the auction.
Couple of days ago I asked in this forum about the supports for that cover. JEEPZ opened my eyes and told me what I bought was from a ZJ :rattle:
Since I´m from CHILE, I thought it was easier to give it a try on the XJ than send it back to the states.

First I measure the distance from side to spare tire on the XJ. It came out to be 43"

Second, I totally disambled the ZJ cover.

disamblecover2.jpg

Then I cut everything to make a 43" cover.

dremelcover2.jpg

And here you have the 43" wide cover ready to go on my XJ

cuttedcover2.jpg

I´ll attach it to the back of the rear seat. Now I´m fabricating the supports. As soon as I can I´ll upload new pics

SV

Are you going to cut out some kind of notch for the spare tire ? Isuzu trooper also use a retractable cover like that, at least 87's did...

Back