• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Quick Disconnect Question

Set your sway bar so the top link is perpendicular to the ground and measure from the link to the axle mount.

Then measure the min and max of the ones you are looking to buy. If you are in that range you are good.

Different lifts yield different lift heights regardless of the advertized lift height given. It is best to measure,

Josh

Set your sway bar so the top link is perpendicular to the ground and measure from the link to the axle mount.

Then measure the min and max of the ones you are looking to buy. If you are in that range you are good.

Different lifts yield different lift heights regardless of the advertized lift height given. It is best to measure,

Josh

thanks for the replies....

do you mean disconnect the front sway bar and make this measurement, or do it as is?

I bought the 4-6" QD for a 3.5" RE lift and it worked well. I had them screwed all the way down and there were no problems.

With a 3" lift, you could certainly drive disconnected with little concern for excessive sway, depending on spring health. I should have continued my reply by explaining that I went with the 4-6" discos for use later when I got a taller lift. Buy for the future.

I currently have no sway bar and decent low-end shocks. It drives fine, there is more roll than there would be with a bar. But as long as you always remember that you are driving a jeep and not a race car. You should be fine.
I will, however, be reinstalling mine when I get my RE discos.

Back