• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone plow with their XJs ?

i don't personally but my girls father has a stock 97 auto that he only uses for plowing. he seems happy with it. and i pretty sure he does not add weight

I'm not sure, depends on how well a Cherokee can plow, I just checked out a few youtube videos of Cherokees plowing and they seem to hold their own with a 6.5 blade. I know I'd have to get a higher rate coil spring, brace the steering box, and a 136 amp alternator. If the Jeep can plow decent, then I'd like to pick up a few neighborhood driveways, but I figure 10 max.

it depends on how much you want to abuse your xj. plowing with an xj can be done, but a heavier truck would be better to move more snow. the xjs short wheel base would be an advantge in small speces.

have you ever plowed before?

The city around here uses TJ's and Xj's to plow a little, but mostly do the big sideways. They look to have eather carbon fiber or aluminum blades. Thats what ive heard from a few buddys that work for the city. That would prob be your best bet.

it depends on how much you want to abuse your xj. plowing with an xj can be done, but a heavier truck would be better to move more snow. the xjs short wheel base would be an advantge in small speces.

have you ever plowed before?

Just using a front end loader with an 16ft blade in an industrial park last year. As well as a skid steer with an 8ft blade. Never in a gas vehicle though.

I used to with a 94 sport, fiberglass plow. The light weight of the lade helped alot. It would plow fine, but had some trouble once you pile the snow into one snowbank, it cant push a ton of snow at once. Other than that it was awesome

Okay, so what I've gathered so far is that if you're not trying to plow a commercial development then you'll be okay. I don't see why I couldn't plow my parents driveway, and some others for some pocket money. The excavating business gets slow in the winter, I need to do something.

YES,but nobody around here sells a 3-shear!Oh crap you guys are talking snow!

I have plowed with my 2000 xj for 4 years. It has done 30 plus driveways per season. I have had 2 western plows on it. 7'2" and now a 6'6" because its our back up.

you wanna plow? You can get a 87-93 dodge ram charger with an auto v8 for $1000. and the plow kits for them bolt strait on. With that set up you could do alot more than little driveways and mini marts. you could make three times that per season.

Back