• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sheetmetal Cracks in Quarter Panel

Desert4x4

NAXJA Forum User
So my XJ has big cracks in the quarter panel just below the window going to the D pillar. How do you guys fix this? Just weld up the cracks or should I also weld on some quarter panel armor to reinforce the whole area? Also what about using thick gauge sheet metal to cover the rear window also to connect the roof to the bottom?

Cracks are difficult to weld, but some "good" rock rails will stiffen that area up!

drill the end of the cracks so itll quit spreading, use a dremel to grind it into a shallow V then weld it back up. that's the way I am going to fix my B-pillar on my 2 door

Cool, my plan is to do that repair the cracks, then weld on some DB Metalworx quarter armor to the jeep. I figure I can weld it to the D pillar and to the fender lip as well as the skin of the Jeep. Hopefully it will hold up

Back