• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new guy with a valve cover question

josh870

NAXJA Forum User
hello all, just got my first car, a 2000 2door xj 4.0, and it has a small oil leak i think is from the valve cover gasket so i ordered a new one, when i started taking off the old one i noticed most of the metal caps that go over the grommets are not there, the last person who replaced it just cranked the bolts into the grommets (which are a pain in the butt to remove!! havent even gotten them all out yet) anyways, i cant find them to buy anywhere! not sure what they are called, could i get away with just a washer? anything is better then whats there.. thanks

Last edited:
Jeep part number 53020 598AB or 53020598AB. Sometimes search doesn't work well if you use the space, sometimes just the opposite and it works better with the space. I usually try both ways.

Try Google. jeep 4.0 sleeve, torque limiter 53020598ab or jeep 4.0 torque limiter sleeve 53020598ab. You should get multiple hits.

I've had the best luck going to my local parts supplier and using the Jeep numbers and letting their computer cross reference. Sometimes they don't even know what they have in stock.

Hello everyone new to the Jeep world and NAXJA group. Trying to tackle oil leaks and hoping someone can help, but anyone have a set of 15 torque limiter sleeves willing to sell me. I have an 01 XJ Limited with no torque limiter sleeves... previous owner also treated the bolts into the grommets.:mad:

Back