• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm bushing loose - axle side

00XJFAN

NAXJA Forum User
I see lots or threads on those having a hard time getting the control arm bushings out of the axle side, but has anyone run into an issue where they are loose and will not hold properly? I have a HP D30 and on the pasengar side the will easily come out(put a new RE one in) so I get movement and popping noises from this while driving.

That sounds scary, is the mount bent? When you use a press to remove the old bushing it can squash the two sides closer together & the bushing won't fit right. If that is the problem pry, the bracket apart untill it's back to where it should be.If that's your problem you can beef up the bracket with a gusset. If you have a disco 30 then ignore this post. A disco mount would never bend, it's either cast or forged I'm not sure which.

Install the bushing correctly then a simple tack weld to hold it. A small hit with a hammer breaks it loose or use a small file. That has worked for me.

I decided to weld in a full sleeve from JKS.
fh000010.jpg

Back