• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 shaft options

Irishlt

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question, turns out my 97xj is a true Frankenstein. Using 260 shafts in the front 30. There just so happens to be a lp30 out of a 97zj next door i can grab for chicken feed....do they have the 760 shafts and will they fit length wise. I figure pitch and spline should be the same correct?

Thanks in advance,
LT

Unless they have been swapped, XJ use cv shafts

Thought some zjs use cv, some use u joints. It's a dana 30 front from a zj. But I could be mistaken, which is why I'm here asking the jeep gurus.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Nearly all XJ/ZJ/TJ D30 parts interchange. The axle shafts included.

Okay well that solves that, last thing, could the zj d30 in 97 have 760 shafts or is that internet bulls**t and they're all the cvs? I'm less than thrilled about finding the tiny ujoints up front. Especially since i now have two 760x spicer joints collecting dust

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The ZJ could have U-joints -if the previous owner had them replaced
Your XJ could have CV joints if you had them replaced
Your XJ had 297 joints when new'
Point is all axles (D-30 XJ,TJ,ZJ) will mix and match,Somwhere 260 joint axles were swapped in.

Since the shafts interchange, a Previous Owner could have installed anything. Some ZJ's had u-joints, which ones, IDK.

Back