• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle side UCA bushing replacement

XJ_99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have been searching and have not found the answer I am looking for so here it goes.......What is the easiest way to remove the old UCA bushings I have been told they are a pain............:eyes:

Are you talking about the ones on the axle mounts?

The one on the diff is fairly easy but you have to be gentle with the other one as you can bend the bracket.

I have my best success using an air hammer and blunt chisel end. Starting with the side with the flare, give several bursts around the perimeter of the bushing sleeve and generally they walk right out.

I used my ball-joint c-clamp tool. On the passenger side I just used a socket to keep the mount from compressing.

Air hammer with bushing ripper tool works very well on stubborn ones.

Ok thanks guys I think I see what I gotta do and yeh that tool I dont think so not for $200 ........If I did these all the time maybee

Air chisel worked for me on the stubborn ones. I did use the BJ press to get some out. I'm no pro but was able to figure it out and get them replaced in an afternoon.

Back