• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ac stuck on defrost

97jeepxj1

NAXJA Forum User
Was working fine yesterday nowas I can't get it to blow out the front vents. I can make it blow defrost or out to the floor or both but not the dash vents. I didn't see any loose lines under the hood but I'm work so it was only a quick look

turns out I can't make it come out the floor I just imagined it

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. This is the normal action with a leak.

I can't find it though and it doesn't run like I have one. I've had this happen on my jeep and my wife's zj. Both times it was the vac lines on the side of the intake being knocked off. Only thing I found is that I knocked of one of canister lines for the fuel system

Yep it sucks too!

LOL :D

I finally got a chance to look at it and found the line. *It has to be the smallest vac line on the dang thing. *Tiiiiiiny

I got lucky it didn't break flush with the firewall only had about an inch before it passed through to under the dash. Got a small piece of hose from the parts store that tightly slid over the factory hard vac hose and sealed it right up

Back