• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5 in lift question

Tacowhip

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I bought my xj from a guy who put a 6.5 rough country short arm kit in the front, then a 2.5 shackle lift with an 1.5 in ad a leaf in the back. So basically it sags 2.5 inches in the back. I want to level it out and am not opposed to lowering it to match the back. I'm not crawling with it, just light woods stuff and taking it on the beach. It currently has 32's on it with a d30/35 combo. I really don't want to put 33's on it and risk axle issues. It'll look silly with a 6.5 lift with 32's. So my real question is can I just get smaller springs up front and keep the control arms and trac bar, or do I have to get all new stuff up front to lower the front to 4"?

Should be able too without to many issues, are the control arms adjustable? Track bar should be fine.

Only way to be sure is to identify what arms you have, or obtain the eye-to-eye lengths. I don't think I've ever seen fixed length arms for 6.5" of lift (usually 3.5"), so chances are the previous owner just slapped longer springs in there.

Yeah, Lower control arms are fixed, along with the trac bar(non adjustable). It also has stock upper control arms. I'm wondering too if it just has longer coils up front. I might just put 4" coils in it and see what's what. Does anyone know what the measurements for the LCA's are- bolt hole to bolt hole, for different lifts?

You shouldn't have an issue with 33s on your stock axle . Especially if your not doing anything crazy I ran 35s on mine on Dana 30/35 before my swap and didn't have any issues.

Back