• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VSS

Yea the reading was at the connector with the connector removed from the computer. The wires have infinte resistance. With it connected to the wires ecu i have zero resistance

There are no markings on the adaptor. Im using a 29 tooth speedo gear

You should have a speedometer adaptor like the one in the below pic. There are three sets of range numbers on the speedometer adaptor body: 26-31, 32-38, and 39-45. These numbers correspond to the number of teeth on the installed pinion. With a 29 tooth pinion you want the 26-31 range group numbers pointing straight down (6 o-clock position) when you install it.

VSSAdaptor_Sensor.jpg

Seems strange you would have an adaptor without index numbers. :confused:

As a side note; I hope when you took your voltage readings you went from the VSS harness connector pin 1 to chassis ground, and from pin 3 to chassis ground...not from pins 1 and 3 to pin 2. :wave:

Last edited:
It did I was looking in the wrong spot (the flat side), and yea I have it clocked perfectly (numbers facing as close to down as possible). Im going to try to get a new computer today and see what happens simply because of the zero resistance issue directly at the computer...

Yes lol separate readings, I grounded on the tcase!

Last edited:
Whaaaat?? I was thinking it had to be my stupid computer at this point. Have same problem. Replaced VSS twice and wires all good, no luch. Speedo and Odo still out. Computer up next!! Where is computer located?

Whaaaat?? I was thinking it had to be my stupid computer at this point. Have same problem. Replaced VSS twice and wires all good, no luch. Speedo and Odo still out. Computer up next!! Where is computer located?

Not to be mean, but....If you have to ask where the PCM is I suggest that you get a Factory Service Manual for your XJ.

Pacific Coast Manuals sells pdf download FMS's.

Back