• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick! I need Header/O2 sensor help!

Hi Gang,

I didn't search - I'm sitting in front of autozone so I thought it would be quicker to just ask...

I've got a new to me '99 XJ I6 5spd 4WD with a header. I need to replace the front (b4 cat) sensor. stock is of course, not long enough. is there a drop in replacement that will work?
I know that it's not good to splice sensor wires since most of the devices are resistance based...

Many thanks

Rich

So much for quicker, huh?

Sorry, no help here, either.

Good luck!

Robert

Hey you might not be helpful or even quick...

... but at least you care:laugh::rof::laugh:

I'll figure it out...

Rich

They're not resistance based. Instead of getting a model specific O2 sensor with the Chryco connector, get a universal O2 sensor. It'll have longer wires and a connector that will hard-wire in with instructions. Or at least the Bosch ones do :) Hope that helps!

fwiw, I care too :) And also am unable to provide assistance

They're not resistance based. Instead of getting a model specific O2 sensor with the Chryco connector, get a universal O2 sensor. It'll have longer wires and a connector that will hard-wire in with instructions. Or at least the Bosch ones do :) Hope that helps!

Yep, That's about what I did:greensmok

Hey Guys, Thanks for caring! I feel all warm n fuzzy:laugh2::roflmao::laugh2:

Many Thanks

Rich

Back