• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Idle and Really rough under Power

95 se 4.0 (h.o.)AX-15.......So awhile back my rig jumped time and started giving me 1 code #27 injector control circuit signal not responding correctly. Well I did the timing today and put a new stock Exhaust header on too and its running better but still real Rough under a load it takes forever for it to gain power and it Idles not the best.I read that the ECM could have bad grounds and to fix that and run a ground over to the Neg battery post,Still no differance....Any help would be way Appreciated....:helpme:

What "timing" repairs did you do?

Ive traced it down to a bad wire on my #1 injector I have a parts rig that has the same color coded wires,Could I splice them instead of swapping the whole harness?I figured it out by doing alot of searching on the code 27 swapped in another good injector and its the same =(

If you are replacing the female connector on the end, then yes you can splice in a new one with attached wires from the donor.

Are you sure it is the connector, and not something in the wires downstream from the connector, like a shorted wire, or the ECU firing part on that injector?

On the timing, I was thinking the distributor and the sensor in it.

If you replaced the ECU, 5-90 would like the old one for research!!!!

He is one of the old timers here, California, just PM him here:

5-90 is his alias

Back