• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97, No Fuel, No Spark...help

My 97 won't start. If anybody has a wiring diagram they would fax or email or tell me where to get one quickly that would be great. It cranks fine, battery fine, fuel pump fuse and relay are working and relayed power is leaving the relay, but not getting back to the fuel pump(checked at the connecter above the rear axle). No spark either. Check engine light not on, but I put the scan tool on it anyway and get an error message from my cheap scan tool. So I am thinking computer. Changed computer with no symptom change. Still get error message, no fuel, no spark. I pulled apart every electrical connecter I could get my hands on and cleaned them up, but they all looked fine anyway. Tested the crank sensor and it tested at 0 ohms across the 2 and 3 connections which is what haynes seems to think it should.

Actually if anybody had even the wiring for the just the aldl, that might help.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, more data... The fuel gauge usually shows the fuel level when the key is in the on position, but not currently doing so. The idiot lights do turn on for a few seconds when the key is turned on like normal however.

I had the wire that went to the pump rub off the insulation and it did the same thing on my 93. Id go back to that wire set and try and move it around and chck its continuity from end to end and ends to body

i have a renix jeep so its hard to get error codes for me its just pull and replace unfortunately... like i said i had good fuel pressure just no spark all the way through the coil

Alrighty... Got new crank sensor in. Still no start, but I do have spark now. Fuel no. I hot wired the fuel pump to the output of the fuel pump relay and it fired right up. I am confused. Now get this, the ignition is still on, and I pull the fuel pump fuse(don't ask me why, I don't know), but when I pulled the fuse, the auxiliary cooling fan turns on. It is repeatable. Now I am thinking that maybe the blasted aftermarket security system I ripped out while looking into this problem had some wires switched for security reasons. I guess I can try to plug it all back in and see if it works.

I have a S*#%& alarm that someone installed on my 98 before I got it and it has done the same thing to me. But my problem was the same as GERR's the rubbing on the wire wore the insulation off and created shorts. My fuel pump is currently hard wired from the realy just like yours, I think that this is going to be a trend that has more to come. Good luck with it!!

Back