• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ center console

gizmo327

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen a mod once on unstalling a center console from a grand cherokee but cannot find in now. Has anyone else seen it or tried to do it? From what i remember i looked great and added the famous missing cup holders.

I imagine switchig in a console from 97+ XJ would be easier than a ZJ swap, but who knows.

I know the cupholders in my 97 work fine, with one holder even notched for the handle of a coffee mug to stick out of.

I bought one like in jordo's link for under 10 bucks from the dealer. But they are sort of chinsy. Its really easy to put in a newer 97+ XJ console. Just a little trimming on the front, splice in the newer bulb sockets for the 4wd indicator and angle the p-brake over to the drivers side. A 1 hour job max.

Old Jeep, new console.

xj_console_99_into_90.jpg

It's an MJ; and not mine.
The install is basically the same but you'll need to do the mod on the e-brake lever.

Back