• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will '93 Wrangler 4.0 swap straight into '91 XJ?

Are you just swapping the long block? If so, yes it will fit fine. If you are swapping everything, then I think it should work, but I can't be certain.

Yes, just the block, thanks!

Also wondering:

- I've aways had my heads decked when replacing head gasket. It seems this is not common procedure with the 4.0?
- Is it easiest to remove the whole package (motor, trans, t-case) as a whole, or just the motor alone? Will be doing this alone.

Yes, just the block, thanks!

Also wondering:

- I've aways had my heads decked when replacing head gasket. It seems this is not common procedure with the 4.0?
- Is it easiest to remove the whole package (motor, trans, t-case) as a whole, or just the motor alone? Will be doing this alone.

I've done it both ways. If you are by yourself, I would recommend just pulling the motor. The 4.0/AW4/Tcase is a LONG assembly. It gets difficult to pick it up far enough back to not drop the Tcase on the ground.

Back