• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mounts?

I had the polly ones=====sux balls,makes EVERY screw loose in the interior to come loose-ask how I know!!!.Switched to M.O.R.E. torsion rubber,THE ONLY way to go!!!! PERIOD!!!!

my poly's are fine. I'd do the M.O.R.E's next time tho. Not to much vibration. only when i let off the clutch to much on a steep hill :D

I just put in the Brown Dog poly's a while ago. There's a bit more humming/buzzing, but it's by no means bad. And, for the price they were worth it. I think the prices have gone up recently, though.

I put the M.O.R.E. BombProofs (rubber LCA bushings) in my XJ a few years back, and drove it for a couple of years that way as a daily driver. Well worth the time and money. Vibes are a little more at idle, no real noticeable difference above idle.

If you're consistently losing one side, check out your transmission mount.

I would have gone with the M.O.R.E. rubber mounts, but for the money, the Brown Dogs seemed to be a good value. So far, I think they are. Then again, as ChiXJeff points out, I replaced the passenger-side mount more than once, so maybe I should have (should still) look into a better transmission mount.

I used the poly mounts and I don't see the vibes as a big problem since I had gone through two sets of stock mounts in four years prior to these poly mounts. I think these will outlast me, but I'm an old man with only about thirty good years left. Do what you think will be the best for your kind of driving. Mine is a DD with occasional trail use and it is my hunting vehicle as well.

another vote for M.O.R.E. a little vibe @ idle most people dont even feel it and they are super beefy

I have always heard that if you switch to poly motor mounts you will want to change your trans mount to poly as well. Something about the way they twist, all three attachment points should have the same properties.

not sure how valid that is though

I've got the bombproof Poly mounts (pretty sure they're made by MORE too), as well as poly trans mounts. The vibrations from the Iroks are much worse than the poly mounts.

Throttle response and the overall feel of the drivetrain is MUCH better though.

ChiXJeff said:
I put the M.O.R.E. BombProofs (rubber LCA bushings) in my XJ a few years back, and drove it for a couple of years that way as a daily driver. Well worth the time and money. Vibes are a little more at idle, no real noticeable difference above idle.

x10. If you wheel even a little and still want a civilized street ride, M.O.R.E. torsion rubber is the ONLY way to go.

Rob

I would agree with the M.O.R.E. choice as well for a DD.

I run the poly mounts at all three positions and the whole rig is a like a bed at a cheap motel when you're sitting at a light idling.

That being said, I only drive it 3,000 miles a year and my back always feels better after some time on the highway.

YMMV.

Back