• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6 build starts today!!!

You can call me any name you wish.

Bottom line is the dyno printout may show you big numbers.
What is missing is an accurate explanation of how those numbers were obtained.

The overall TQ number and the HP/TQ spread simply doesn't make any sense. Add in the parasitic drag and the story becomes even harder to believe.

Go happy thinking you have a beast of an engine but never forget those whom know the facts.

Fact is somewhat subjective. One could argue that it's not really a fact if you elude to it and won't give up the source.

You're being very vague and offering nothing to substantiate your claims, where RCP PHX is doing exactly that. I think at this point most of us have dismissed your credibility and opinion.

I think at this point most of us have dismissed your credibility and opinion.

I agree.

However, I also agree with him regarding the numbers...they still don't add up to me?? But mayhaps I'm not the sharpest shovel in the shed?

I'm not arguing that one bit JohnX.

But arguing a questionable detail with no detail gets nowhere with me.

I am being vague for a reason. Reasons that I consider private in nature. Be it for my customers or that of my competition.

Despite what you may think of me on a personal nature the OP's numbers as presented are not factual. He is being as vague as I in presenting how the numbers were obtained.

The fact that many folks in this thread consider the number inaccurate is not what the few of you want to read. I've attempted to point that out using several different scenarios.

As mentioned before, my sole purpose in this is not to discredit Russ, the OP or anyone else. My purpose stated in black and white was to point out inaccuracies that have yet to be explained. Whether I've run one stroker or a 100 strokers makes little difference. Common sense and logic dictate that a simple stroker built to these specs making 394 lbs/ft of torque to the rear wheels is not possible.

Say or think as you wish. That's my stand and until it can be proven wrong my honest thought. Sorry if a few of you don't like it or how it has been presented.

This horse has been beat to death, I am done here.

I agree.

However, I also agree with him regarding the numbers...they still don't add up to me?? But mayhaps I'm not the sharpest shovel in the shed?

I'm still right there with you. Either these numbers are skewed somehow, or Russ's head work is quite literally off the charts.

For one, it's odd to me how the torque numbers actually jump during the 3-4 shift. This in essence shows 395ft/lbs at 2250rpm... in 4th gear, which I just can't wrap my head around.

Having said this, 227HP at 3600rpm would definitely indicate that it would put down near 300HP peak, which makes the peak torque of 395 more believable.

It would be great to see a full pull, locked in gear and with a normal HP/TQ overlay. I'm sure RCP is more than happy without though. :guitar:

I'm sitting back here wondering. How did they get it in to 3rd and have it hold 3rd, from what 1500RPM up, while under full throttle? I know there are ways. But did they really go through all the splicing of wiring and such just to get this to happen?

BTW, do you have a dyno graph available of your build that we could compare?

BTW, do you have a dyno graph available of your build that we could compare?

Nope. I had that engine in a TJ with a 32rh. No poss way to keep it in 3rd(1:1), without starting in 1, then 2nd then under full throttle, at about 5500 shift to third and only get a pull from about 4k up. never worked out. and my #'s were MUCH lower looking, with what we could get in chunks.

I finally get to p/u my block today so I can get started, I talked to Russ the other day about where my heads and intake are and they're about another week out!
Here's my parts list............

2000 XJ block - decked, bored .030" over, and align-bored w/ ARP Main Stud kit

Clearwater Cylinder Head improved 0331 head - Bishop-Buehl port/polish/62cc chambers/LS1 intake valves/port match w/ ARP head bolts

2000 XJ intake manifold - Bishop-Buehl port match/bore TB 62mm

BBK 62mm throttle body

Banks Revolver header

Hesco water pump

Comp Cams 68-232-4 camshaft - Lift(.460" Int/.476" Ex) Duration(250 Int/256 Ex)

Rollmaster billet steel(crankgear induction hardened) double roller timing set w/ nine position crank gear (+8 to -8 degrees)

Cam bolt with custom length thrust pin(no spring), shooting for .008" of end play

Sealer Power lifters

HarlandSharp 1.6 roller rockers w/ ARP rocker studs

Scat stroker crankshaft

Scat/Bishop-Buehl Chromoly 6.125" connecting rods bushed for free-floating Chevy wrist pins

Auto Tec 4032 Forged pistons/ -22cc D-dish w/ Chevy wrist pins and 1.385" wrist pin height

Sealed Power Moly piston rings

Clevite main/rod/cam bearings

FelPro gaskets/seals

ARP flex plate bolts

Brown Dog motor mounts

Crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, wrist pins, flex plate, and harmonic balancer all balanced

Reciprocating parts - connecting rods, pistons, and wrist pins I weight matched to within .25grams across all 6 set combo's

Custom 2-1/2" header to downpipe adapter w/ O2 bung for my LM-2 A/F meter

Recently requested by a few folks!

Back