• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advise on wheels with 33's

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
This is my first Jeep project and I'm trying to get it right from the start. I have a 6" lift coming and 4.88 gears also. I have tires 33X10.5 SSR's, but need wheels. I was planning on using 35's, but now I will use my 33X10.5 SSR's (which I have). I have been reading (wish I'd read before buying) on here about how bad the D35 c clip sucks, and the truth is I'm scared that the axle shaft might break with 35's or even the 33's for that matter. However I already put the gears and detroit in that D35, so I will be using it for a while. So 33X10.5's are a definate, but which wheel offset is the best? Black steel wheels is what they will be. I don't know if matters during compression, but I will be trimming the fenders regardless. I'd like the tires to stuff on the wells if possible, not into the fenders.

stock wheels will have the highest backspacing that you can find if that is what you are looking for, but in addition to tucking into the fender wells, you run the risk of rubbing your control arms when turning. I think with 33x10.50s the best of both worlds would be to find a 15x8 with 4.5 or 4.75 backspacing (stock being 5.25 i belive)

I run 33x10.5's on 15x7 wheels w/ 4.5" backspace,plenty of pics on my homepage!

tompatjr said:
Thanks, the pics really help. What shackel setup is that?
If your refering to the scissor shackles,I built them back when I was at 3-4" lift!

If your looking to go on the cheap. I am running factory ranger wheels 15X7 and I believe 3 3/4 or 4 inch backspacing. With 31X10.50s they tuck in perfect with 3 inches of lift. My plan is to try 33X10.50s on about 4 3/4 inch lift(bb).
I have a set of wheels that are 15X8 with 3 3/4 inche backspacing and they rub a little on my setup. The ranger wheels work very well for me.

Back