• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just thought I share

Trevorxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been wanting something a little different from the front ARB bumper. So I had a friend bend me some tube and came up with this. I also had it repowdercoated. Let me know what you think.

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Seriously, I'm curious as to what the big loop is for.
Awesome job, but what's it for?
Thanks,
Dan.

Alot of the pro rock crawlers use these types of bumper to keep from rolling end-over-end. Rolling onto the long, angled tube will keep you from going completely over in some cases. Also, having your spotter hook a strap to the top of that loop gives him some good leverage to hold the vehicle's nose down on super steep ascents.

Jared

Trevorxj said:
I have been wanting something a little different from the front ARB bumper. So I had a friend bend me some tube and came up with this. I also had it repowdercoated. Let me know what you think.

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Hmm it's hard to judge the angle, but how does the stinger affect you in the front? It looks on a "flatter" angle then other ones I have seen...

<edit> ok, I looked at the side view again and it does look raised..... so how about some pics of it on your XJ?

Here is how it sits right now more or less.

asis.jpg

Right now I am working on getting the fuel tank moved to the cab, moving rear axle back, D60's front and rear, 38 SX, OBA. I have all the crap, just need it to stop raining for a while.

D60 HP, 5.13,Detroit, 35spline inner and outer, CTM, fullwidth, 8lug
D60front.jpg

Gas tank even with frame rails
gasreloc.jpg

This is a 38x16.5 next to a 33x15
measureup.jpg

D60, 5.13, Spool, 30 spline Moser shafts, disks
D60rear.jpg

reardisk_small.jpg

Nice bumper, killer build-up, but way scarey jack supports... :scared:

when you re-powdercoated it....did you remove all the old coating first? i want to make some mods to my front bumper and its powder is fading.....

those are some pretty pieces of metal.

ARB/Stinger looks good Man!
So you're finally moving up with the big boys now? :cheers:

Are you cutting the rear driver 1/4 panel to allow for the gas cap pass threw?

DeadEyeJ said:
So, is it empty-wallet time? or maxed credit card time? both?
Jared:partiot:

Looking good. Like stated above, "If your not in the Red, your not racing."
Must have got that tax refund

Many thoughts like THESE fill my head, but then i wake up , look at my wife and kids and she just shakes her head. :twak: Gonna be a sick rig! :scared:

Trevorxj said:

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

thats looks cool! YOU SUCK !!! sorry.... tiny wallet syndrome...

w00t!

Sessy!

:thumbup: :D

Just finished putting it back on the XJ, and I must say that I am very pleased with it. Also thanks for all the compliments, it has been a long process and it is still going. Cant wait till I am back on the trails.

Picture_006.jpg

MORE PICS

REDXJ4FUN said:
hum what is it with red XJs on jack stands with no axles. Mineis in my back yard just like that. lol
I'm not sure what the deal is. But I do still have one axle under my red XJ, one beside it (getting some non bent spring pads put on, and while I'm there moving the shock mounts up) and two more (a HP D44 and ford 9") waiting in line to go on to mine when funding is approved.

TrevorXJ, looking extremely good, I hope the jack stands hold out till it's done.

Daryl

And keep us posted on your build-up.

I like the general idea of a stinger but why did you build such a great hoop and cool HD crossbrace & then mount gimpy 1" tubing to support the hoop? That's gonna fail if you ever have to use the hoop, that's your triangulation and it should be the same size as the hoop tubing.

Otherwise it looks great!

-jb

Back