• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
i'm in the market for a set of bumpers. up to this point i have been set on making a pair. i just ran across jcr's website and now i'm torn... i don't know that i could make a set of bumpers for what i could buy from them right now with their current sale. my question is, are they any good? i'm sure there's bound to be a couple of xj's on here that have them or at least know about them...

thanks

Last edited:
I run front and rear JCR bumpers as well as JCR sliders. I'm a big fan of JCROffroad, great service and excellent products:

I recommend JCR products to anyone I know who is in the market. That rear bumper I have dropped onto many times coming off ledges and it hasn't budged or dented. The front one has been replaced once (they do offer free repair/replacement you just need to cover shipping if it was your fault). I hit 3 trees in one day, was a rather sloppy day and the last one finally bent the corner (hit a 2' diatmer tree going around 15~20) an inch or two. But no damage to the unibody.

I have JCR's stage 3 Rear bumper and am very happy with it. Its been on my rig for about 3 years now and I've dropped it on many ledges and used a high-lift on it several times.

The one thing I don't like is that they just mount to the stock bumper mounts plus an optional lower brace. I modified mine with some 2x3-1/4 wall tube so that it mounts like a receiver hitch would only inside the frame rather than under it. I carry a 33x12.50 spare on it and it is now solid.

have you ever been pulled out a hole or had to pull somebody? i'm concerned about the studyness of the anchor points... i'll be getting a winch that mounts in the two inch hitch, that way i can move it to the front or back or to another jeep...

thanks

Oh they're quite secure even without modification. I've been yanked out of a bad mud pit and pulled out others as well. Also had a winch on a receiver hitch on both bumpers (seperate times)

The one thing I don't like is that they just mount to the stock bumper mounts plus an optional lower brace. I modified mine with some 2x3-1/4 wall tube so that it mounts like a receiver hitch would only inside the frame rather than under it. I carry a 33x12.50 spare on it and it is now solid.

I had mine mounted this way and yes it was solid but it also tore the bottom of the frame rail out after several years of use. I think they way they did it is the correct way.

I have JCR's stage 3 Rear bumper and am very happy with it. Its been on my rig for about 3 years now and I've dropped it on many ledges and used a high-lift on it several times.

do you have any pics of the modification you done?

do these bumpers come painted, primed or bare metal?

just read that they come unfinished unless otherwise stated... does anybody know how much it would cost to have them painted?

just read that they come unfinished unless otherwise stated... does anybody know how much it would cost to have them painted?

Mine are just rattle canned with rustoleum...holds good, easy touchups

Agreed Rustoleum works great. I've got JCR front and rear bumpers and stage 2 sliders, all of them work great. JCR's got awesome customer service too, and a high quality product. Just don't expect them to arrive tomorrow, they make them to order but it's worth the wait. They're probably one of the best suppliers out there.

Only problem I've had is the back bumper mount. After countless times of smacking it on stuff it the rear crossmember had cracked around 5 of the 8 bolts, and the bumper flexed up into the hatch and broke the rear glass (Hey JCR, can I get a new sticker for my new rear windshield?). I built a reinforcement plate that sits behind the crossmember and ties into the frame, haven't had a problem since.

I've had JCR rock sliders, bumpers, steering and other parts on various rigs and they have always been a great product. I recommend them. Top notch products and the guys are great to deal with.

I love mine and intended to use it for towing/recovery from the get go. It keeps the ground clearance lost with a receiver plus the next time my wife backs into a tree we will still be able to open the hatch :D

snowpics002.jpg

I run front and rear JCR bumpers as well as JCR sliders. I'm a big fan of JCROffroad, great service and excellent products:

I recommend JCR products to anyone I know who is in the market. That rear bumper I have dropped onto many times coming off ledges and it hasn't budged or dented. The front one has been replaced once (they do offer free repair/replacement you just need to cover shipping if it was your fault). I hit 3 trees in one day, was a rather sloppy day and the last one finally bent the corner (hit a 2' diatmer tree going around 15~20) an inch or two. But no damage to the unibody.

X2. JCR is great. I ran their sliders on my old jeep and am about to swap them to my new one. I have to fix the pinch seam mount but other than that thats all the damage they got when I hit a Benz Nearly head on. I will also be running their tail light housings and T-case skid and when the money is available I'll be running their bumpers too! :D Quality product and good guys who build them! Thanks Brian and Daryl! :cheers:

P.S. Your jeep is nice dude!

Those stage 3 slider weren't available when I got mine, but I definitely would have gotten them.

Here's a half decent picture of their front winch bumper, it sits up high and close, I had to cut the grill to clear the back of the winch, so it's got really good ground clearance. Its also got good mounts to the frame.

PICT0740-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back