• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought i'd share the new rig..

How did you truss solve the issue with the bearings spinning in the alum section?
at 190k on the stock axle. The only problem was a slightly pitted shaft.. and 160k on the built axle, it's only problem was a slightly leaky pinion seal and toasted Traclock suspected of never having a diff service.. thats 350k miles combined on two axles that have had a hard life.. yet holding up better then my XJ 44 had:thumbup:

haha its all good guys......(wish there was a easy strong swap for a zj 35......)

anyway to John B, only thing on the LH side is the vehicle diagram, then the text is in the middle & the low gear indicator is right below that. (btw wife keeps it dirty as hell with her boots and nasty horse riding gear)

hearsewood.jpg

Last edited:
anyway to John B, only thing on the LH side is the vehicle diagram, then the text is in the middle & the low gear indicator is right below that. (btw wife keeps it dirty as hell with her boots and nasty horse riding gear)

Hmmm.. thats different than mine, but identical to the wifes Limited. I thought it was another one of those 96+ ZJ changes.. appreciate the input Chris.

This is what mine looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...fits=Model:Grand+Cherokee&hash=item3f076fc380

And there goes another butt-hurt dude.

John, any ETA for completion of the build?

Just wondering when we'll get to wheel with ya :)

Not sure.. hopefully later this summer.

BTW.. found one radiator pad so far.. hopefully i'll find another. If not i'll send this now and another two once my rig comes apart.

Scott, please report back to the NWC.

KTHNXBY

:laugh:

Scott, dont go anywhere..i value your input on ZJ stuff.

Tell me about headlight upgrades, i dont want the HID or projector crap on ebay. I'v read briefly about the 9004>9007 bulb swap and the mentioning of wires cut and spliced.. did you do this mod?

I'm wondering if i can take my XJ's harness (Susquehanna Motorsports), swap the wire's and add the ZJ sockets?

Later add a set of euro glass housings into the mix.

Fwiw. The headlight upgrade was a huge help on my old Zj.
622d1bf3.jpg

The biggest problem I had was breaking the header panel cuz of how the headlights press into it.

Are those housings the export glass type? Did you swap in the 9007 bulbs as well?

I just replaced the adjustors on pass side after they both broke reinstalling the housing.

Just took a 2.5 hour roundtrip drive to Vineland NJ for a ZJ carpet that was supposed to be in great shape... ugh. Good thing it was a freebie. I'll clean it up and use it till i find something better, or i order one.

John,

The Chrysler part numbers for the headlights with the glass enclosures are:

P/N: 55054576 & 55054577

I'm 99% sure that they use an H4 bulb.

John,

The Chrysler part numbers for the headlights with the glass enclosures are:

P/N: 55054576 & 55054577

I'm 99% sure that they use an H4 bulb.

Dundy, thanks. I found that earlier.. $300 investment. I'm going to try the 9007 bulb swap first, have other expenses that take priority over the headlights.

I want to add driving lights to the factory location as well, found that Hella 450's are a great swap using the factory brackets.. which i need to source.

Also did some research on dying the carpet i picked up, it's got a good amount of sun fading and a few stains. Took a stiff bristle brush and soap to it this am for a little improvement, still not satisfied. Found this thread where someone used RIT fabric dye. His results seem good with no fabric stiffening like the aerosol dye's.

http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB11&Number=866872&page=0&fpart=1

This carpet is dark grey, RIT doesnt have a like color so i'll try the black.

For the Aerosol dyes. Spray it all and use fingers or a soft brush to ruffle up the fabric. Keeps it from drying too formed. Did it like that on an old hilux project and it turned out well. Not factory soft. But not stiff.

Back