• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are you, RRC? - Updated: 09/21/2009

Kendrik

NAXJA Forum User
And in yet another abuse of my new moderator privileges, I'm going to sticky another of my posts. Here's a link to the Google Earth location file that shows where all our active members are located. This should be quite useful for everyone to establish local contacts with each other for area get-togethers and what not. Enjoy, and if you find out you're not on there, just let me know and I'll add you.

NOTE: For those folks having issues opening the file, make sure you have the latest version of Google Earth installed (4.2.0205.5730) . If you still cannot open the file, try downloading it to your PC then opening it from there. I confirmed its downloading and working fine on my PC.

Okay, its now possible to see the RRC Locations WITHOUT installing Google Earth. Just follow this link to see it. (Thanks to bigalpha for pointing this out!)

Red River Chapter - Member Locations

Red River Chapter - Member Locations - Download KML

Last edited:
Re: Where are you, RRC?

Cool there are a bunch here in Fort Worth! yay!

For what ever reason I cant get the map to down load. But I am in the austin/round rock area. I just moved here from California and am in dire need of wheeling buddies to network with and to show me around. So if there are any here hit me up.. thanks

Welcome Porkies. If you see a marroon xj with no rear bumper and a big bald guy driving its me. try and run me down and introduce ur self

Ya, definately,,,, If you see a red xj with no front bumper half a rear one and a roof rack, oh ya and california plates it'll be me, So run me down as well....Hope to see ya around!!

oh man 1st time to look at all the peeps on google earth...it brought a teer to my eye...is there any way to link a pick on are thumbnails on the map to show are rigs??

dallas xjs said:
oh man 1st time to look at all the peeps on google earth...it brought a teer to my eye...is there any way to link a pick on are thumbnails on the map to show are rigs??

Actually thats a pretty good idea. Let me see if I can figure out if it's possible.

That's strange. I was thinking about sending my thumbnail to you to add it and I'm already there. Does this have some auto upload or something?? Strange..

pnutishere said:
That's strange. I was thinking about sending my thumbnail to you to add it and I'm already there. Does this have some auto upload or something?? Strange..

It's "Kendrik-o-matic". I just keep an eye out for new posters and add them as they show up. :)

This is sad, I have to be atleast four hours away from 3 people and about 8 or 10 from the rest!!

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
can you change my marker to red please? Alot of peeps in north texas

Done, and welcome to the Red Team!

pnutishere said:
Yeah me... Just put in a two year application......I am just a part of the whole......

Awesome! You're now on the Red team.

In case anyone was wondering about the HUGE update to this, burbon and I have been doing contact information checks across the entire Red River Chapter (which you've all probably noticed) and it revealed a number of members who simply haven't posted in this forum. So, I added them to the map. Hopefully we can pull them out of the woodwork and get them to participate!

Oh, and based on the member rolls, RRC has 81 paid members. Nice!

Back