• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion to disband the RRC

ExTankerGuy

USAF Retired
NAXJA Member
I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this one, but here goes.

Due to the lack of member support and involvement, I motion that the Red River Chapter of NAXJA be disbanded. As much as it pains me to type this, it just seems like the best thing. Noboby wants to run for office and try to make things better. It seems like we have just a small handfull of people that really give a $hit. Like was stated before, we didn't even fill the all of the positions last year.

Maybe I'm out of line here, maybe not. Let's hear some input from other folks.

Lets leave it. If it un-organized, who cares! I for one basically have no part in any other forum on NAXJA other than the RRC. I dont come here for anything else. As a leader of NAXJA, there is only so much you can do. Keep it together for that "small handfull of people that really give a $hit"

Personally it almost seems like it is too spread out to be a strong chapter. All of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana? This is such a big area and it's almost too far and too few XJs......

Last edited:
I could see the chapter being separated into a North and South division. The Red River Division and the Brazos division? Division along the 38th?

Maybe we could send back eflores. :wave1:

This Chapter covers over 450,000 sq miles between the 4 states (TX,OK,LA,AR) this is roughly 1/7th of the continental US (2,800,00 SQFT Total) with possible driving distances of over 20+ hours.

Whether it was intended or not there does seem to be a pretty big divide inside this Chapter. It seems like most members generally play and participate in their immediate circle of 3-4 hour drive times. It is almost like this Chapter needs Sub Chapters:dunno:.

It's just hard to get a strong/permanent leadership group with this much distance involved. When you look at other Naxja chapters they tend to be much smaller than this.

I don't really have much of a real suggestion as how to fix it, I guess im still on the "admit we have a problem" stage.....

Ahhh, we're screwed. :'( I wish I could make a difference...

Is there any chance that in the realatively short future we could have a get-together? I suggest maybe a melding of the minds.

Maybe we (any active members that show) can toss things around and suggest a solution. Then the others, that want to but could not attend, can add their .02 and we go from there.

We either proceed or if no interest just our own paths. I personally don't need a "club" to ride with friends but it helps.

I am in Eddy, just south of Waco on I35... I'd host a BBQ type meeting or "Wrench Fest" or something. Also a trail meet would be nice but whatever we need to do pretty soon.

What would disbanding the chapter actually mean? Would our subforum go away because I like having that around even if there is no leadership or events.
I'd like to someday go to an event but there is no way my heap would make it 8 hours to central Texas.
Splitting the chapter would be nice for the distance problem but there aren't enough people in OK or Arkansas to support their own chapter. Just my $.02.

Splitting the chapter would be nice for the distance problem but there aren't enough people in OK or Arkansas to support their own chapter. Just my $.02.

This is the problem I run in to. I know several people around here with lifted and modded XJ's, but none of them seem remotely interested in wheeling. There are several XJ on the Arkansas Crawlers, but most of them seem content with just being a member there.

I agree that I can wheel with friends that I have made in the chapter without organization, but it is nice to have a sub forum to be able to communicate with members in the local area (local area is a very loose definition seeing that I am over 100 miles away from everyone).

Sad to see you guys considering disbanding. That was the hot topic in the AZ chapter all year. Current prez did what he could to spark interest and got some suckers to run for office.

It seems the mentioned problems are the size and lack of involvement. Those two can easily go hand in hand. If you were to split the chapter. Are there enough active members on each side to sustain itself. Are there leaders who can and will work smart enough to get the lurkers out and wheeling? Are there people willing to run? I know a while back there were a few guys in NM and west Texas who wanted to merge with the AZ chapter due to being so far out from their chapter of the club. Perhaps a re-evaluation of chapter boarders would help? I realisitcaly don't see AZ taking on anymore. We're not in too great of shape for that. But, perhaps chopping up your chapter into subforums with appointed officers for each might work? That brings up the issue of having active members and officers. Is that a realistic idea? Do you have enough active members who are willing to take a lead position? Would national go for it?

It looks like there is a lot of work ahead... Goodluck fellas

PS- Current BOD can amend current chapter By-Laws to shorten req'd time in before you can run for office.

I honestly don't think chopping the chapter up is going to help anything. Participation is low, and then you cut your numbers more, that's not going to help anything. We've had this problem since the very beginning and I cant remember if it was Good Bourbon or who said it, but basically we just need to find the others in our area and do what we can.

Chopping up the RRC would not work, and I doubt there are enough RRC members in any smaller area to make up an entire chapter, much less 2 or 3. The original group was mostly Texas guys, and two guys in west Louisiana, Good Bourbon being one. What need to do is keep what minimal group (People) we have going for now, even if we need to ride out a year in idle or park and look for new members and leaders.

The time to break up into smaller geographies is when there are enough people in a smaller area to split off as a chapter. I think it takes something like 13 paying red name people (IIRC) to split off and form a chapter.

It took us years just to get enough signatures to meet Nationals requirements to form and get a Texas chapter going, and the other nearby states (people) asked to be able to join us.

If no one has time to do any real event chapter work, why not just vote in officers knowing that it is just to hold the chapter together for now, in name for now, until somebody has time and interest in doing more. Once some one has time and interest in being an active event promoter, we just have a special election to replace resigning officers.

I think most people are not stepping up for the officers spot as they feel they can not do the job justice. So if no one has the time this year, why not just vote for stand ins for now, with no real group expectations from them for now. I just checked the nominations thread, and it looked to me like there were nominations for officers, which has me wondering why this thread is going?

And X2 on what Exxon just said.

Back