• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Fuel Pumps- Good or Bad???

RMSinc

NAXJA Forum User
need a new fuel pump assembly this afternoon and cant find a bosch unit close, plus i really dont wanna spend that much as the jeeps on its way to parts. i know not to go to airtex, but is precision any good???

I bought a Bosch and I seem to have an issue where it doesnt seem to reach as far down into the tank as my old unit. Causes the jeep to cut out when the gas swishes around when approaching 1/4 tank, dunno if it is just me.

I imagine you're dealing with O'Reillys? I work for O'Reillys, we just started carrying Precision pumps about a month ago. I haven't heard any complaints on them yet, but I would be leary as they use Airtex part numbers. I would venture a guess that they are just relabeled Airtexs, atleast the first few batches. I like Bosch or Carter personally, Delphis are also supposed to be good. I would avoid Precision for now, just my .02.

-Collin

Back