• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions needed (e-fan)

coldcdn

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to do a triple Efan on my project my plan was to use birtbound but was on their site last night and could only find the shroud. What is a good alternative kit thanks

Use Spal fans. I have two of them and they cool my LS motor really well. Should be a breeze for the 4.0. The 11" Spal's wont fit on the Dirtbound shroud though FYI so make sure you get the 10" fans.

Anyone have experience on ff dynamics triple treath kit?

I do. It is fair. I would assume the dirtbound kit is the same. Those small fans can only push so much air. Anyone who says different is just in love with the fact that they installed electric fans and hasn't really tested them yet. When it is 110 degrees out and you are running the AC they aren't the greatest. I would have temp creep at stoplights with both the FF Dynamics radiator and stock replacement from the auto parts house. My fans are probably 7 years old or more. All still working.

The FF dynamics radiator is crap though. Mine only lasted a few years. If you go with their stuff pass on the radiator.

If you do go electric fans I'm not sure I would go with a kit. All you need are a shroud setup, and quality fans. The controllers from all those kits are crap, as is any controller that uses a temp sensor that pushes into the radiator fins. I built my own controller setup like this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1035194&highlight=fan+controller that runs a separate relay for each fan, that way if a relay goes out only one fan quits.

Honestly, I would have swapped back to a mechanical fan if not for one thing. What made a difference on mine was going to a big, fat, EXPENSIVE, Griffin radiator. They make two for our Cherokee, get the more expensive one.

This year I started my jeep at work and turned the AC on to get it cool before I left and went back in the office. Time flew and when I left it was a half hour later and my jeep was 210 degrees. It was 113 outside.

Back