• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rotted Battery mount area options?

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
So I won a Dirtbound Offroad universal battery mount at Fall Fling and went to install it. What I got was a freakin mess. The old tray simply ripped out with one hand! Ughh what a pita now what? Suprisingly theres not much out there searching for this. Heres what I'm dealing with

I have one part out here but the tray in this one isn't a whole lot better. Is this my only option besides trying to fab sheet metal? Anyone else have this issue was wondering how you fixed it. Heres the other I cut out

One thing for sure, ditch the wet cell !!

On the bright side, you found this out the easy way instead of the hard way when the battery tried to fall through on the trail, shorted out the positive and started a fire under the hood. IOW, it could be worse.

I would go questing for some better factory sheet metal to replace that section. It is just a matter of finding the right donor in a JY.

Or you could get creative. Get Dirtbound's driver side battery tray and move your battery over to that side. On the passenger side you have the perfect opportunity to come up with your own custom cold air intake.

I would replace the whole inner fender support. Very common part to replace on collision repairs. Can find them at junkyards and just cut out.

Remove fender, header panel, etc. There is a seam near/under the fuse box, cut the spot welds all the way around and weld in a new non-rusted piece.

I would replace the whole inner fender support. Very common part to replace on collision repairs. Can find them at junkyards and just cut out.

Remove fender, header panel, etc. There is a seam near/under the fuse box, cut the spot welds all the way around and weld in a new non-rusted piece.

Great advice I never would have thought the dealer would still have parts for a 93. They still have that section available was only 23 dollars. I'll post pics of the install if anyone else ever has this issue. Thanks everyone

So I have had no time over the last two weeks to fix this till today so I got started. Was able to trim and start fitting the replacement piece. I will have to fab some kind of filler around some spots but overall this wasn't to bad. I'll try to show some more pics when done. I also think I will plate the bottom with some 1/8 plate and angle to the rail so I never have to worry again.

Anybody know this part number or where I can get this?

I just went to town on mine with 22-gauge sheet steel, a big box of self-drilling sheet metal screws, a tube of 3M panel adhesive, and a can of POR-15.

Worked out just fine for me.

I should probably do the same

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back