• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

i saw that you said you had 16" Xj wheels.

ive ran 285/75s on TJ moabs before. once you get above a 265 width, you are going to want more backspacing than a stock wheel has. now you are looking at buying wheel spacers as well. your best bet is to get rid of the rims you have and get back into a 15, with more backspacing. tire options increase, price decreases.

A 265/75/16 is a 31.5" tall tire. A .5" is not much of a difference

That's what I thought too. So I checked and Treadwright claw mt and found they are 32.25". And that whomever installed the lift on my XJ only put the add a leafs in and skipped the longer shackles. So the fronts fit fine and the tears need some more room. I'm looking to add the shackle relocation kit and new shackles to get the additional clearance.

i saw that you said you had 16" Xj wheels.

ive ran 285/75s on TJ moabs before. once you get above a 265 width, you are going to want more backspacing than a stock wheel has. now you are looking at buying wheel spacers as well. your best bet is to get rid of the rims you have and get back into a 15, with more backspacing. tire options increase, price decreases.

I have the 15 eagle rims that came on the jeep with 31x10.5x15 on them. But locally I can't seem to find anything that size. They guy at Walmart tire lube express said they are discontinuing that size. But you all know about Walmart.
The 265/75/16 I have are a Treadwright Claw MT and cost me $125 a piece on sale. I've never run spacers so that's something I'll have to look into.

I am running falken wildpeak at3w 30 x 9.50 15inch load range C on mickey thompson rims.
Been on for a yr & 15k miles.
Just trekked up off-road trail outside Alma, CO today.
1st time on a rocky trail...did absolutely great. Didn't even go into 4wd. Have been on my land in MO with no problems. Very quiet on hiway. Nice tread pattern with very nice pattern on edge of tire...looks great.

Back